McCalls Quilt Design Star Contest

Hi all--thanks for all your words of encouragement and votes these last couple weeks--but alas to say--I was not the final winner. A gal from Canada who had won the previous 2 challenges ended up with the most votes this round also.

I really enjoyed the process of getting a challenge and coming up with a quilt to meet the requiremnts. I learned that I can so attempt to try new things with computers and figure them out!!!

What I do wish was that this contest wasn't just a blind vote--there was no feedback given on any of the quilts to know how to improve or anything of that nature--but overall still a lot of fun!!

Thanks again--Terri

Its so wonderful that you entered this challenge. Any time the public is asked to vote in a contest of this type, you do have to understand that it often comes down to being a popularity contest (or who has the bigger circle of friends and family) and does not necessarily reflect who has the most talent. Now, however...you have your MQS entry already done for next year!

lynn is absolutely right...it is most likely the entrant who has the most popular blog or had the most bloggers link the contest or some other 'popularity' twist. especially since you mention she has won previously.

i admire you for entering. congratulations!

Its so wonderful that you entered this challenge. Any time the public is asked to vote in a contest of this type, you do have to understand that it often comes down to being a popularity contest (or who has the bigger circle of friends and family) and does not necessarily reflect who has the most talent. Now, however...you have your MQS entry already done for next year!

Archived