E-mail from Paypal WARNING

I received an e-mail this morning from support@us-paypal.com claiming my account has become a "limited account". It wants you to download a form and fill it out. The form requires your login information, password and all your credit card information. I called paypal to ask what the problem was and I was told it is a scam. The e-mail looked like it was real except for the form. As they would have your information and just have you log in to correct any problems.

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Shirley

When I get an e-mail like this I always look at the return e-mail address and who the message was sent to. Very often it's from another country, like "au" , and is addressed to "undisclosed recipients". Just another thing to look for. NEVER, EVER click on a link. Just go to your PayPal account, or bank account, or wherever, and log in to check your account. I get a lot of "bank account closure notices" from places like Australia and New Zealand. I just sent them to "Junk" and then block the sender.

It used to be that when a person received one of these you were to forward it on to PayPal with 'phishing received' or 'spam received', and then they would have the web location info to watch or whatever. I know it has been some time since I've received any but that is what PayPal requested (at that time) to be done to help them stop it. If I was to receive one now I would still forward it on to them as a 'phishing' complaint and let them track the suckers who do it. Just my irrelevant opinion based on experience. :D

Archived