Anyone going to QuiltCon?

I will be at QuiltCon all 4 days, and was wondering if anyone else was going and might like to meet up. I will be giving a talk/demo about my quilt patterns for Modern Quilts Unlimited, and am taking classes, but there's always time to get together. let me know if you're interested!

--mandy

Ardelle, I am taking a full class schedule too, but am sure we can squeeze something in :) Maybe we are in the same classes?

Thursday: Machine Quilting for the Modern Quilt

Friday: Perfect Circles

Saturday: Hand Applique

Sunday: Machine piecing hexies

Looks like I will be carting three quilts with me for the demo. Ugh. Not sure how to even pack those. Carry on? Checked? two laps and a 69x90 twin. Hmm. I'm more worried about those than whether nor not I will have clothes for 5 days!

Yep, I agree too with MerryJo and Debbie. After I read of a very high profile quilter here in Oz, that was travelling only between states had lost 3 queen size quilts, mine travel with me in the cabin luggage. Clothes are replaceable, quilts not so easily replaced, if at all.

Enjoy the show. Please post pics of the events so we get to see the fun had by all.

Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts on carryon quilts! I tend to travel light, so it will be funny to carry quilts that are bigger than my actual bag (which has to be checked, thanks to rotary cutter et al.).

QuiltCon is a show for modern quilts. I think it will be really interesting to see what they do with judging and evaluation, especially since a good number of modern quilters are brand new to the craft. I also know there are some quilts there made and/or quilted by professionals, so I am really looking forward to seeing what's all there.

Archived