no longer lurking

Hello everyone! After lurking for a few years I decided to officially join. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this forum. I have received so many wonderful quilting ideas and feel like I actually know some of you already. I have been quilting for about 17 years and give most of my quilts as gifts. I work full time and have been married to my soul mate for 30 years. I have three teenagers and 3 four-legged kids also. I initially quilted on a basic sewing machine that my dad bought me used over 30 years ago. I was then blessed to find an HQ16. I still quilt on that but am looking for a used Millennium. I look forward to meeting more of you! :)

Hi, Ty! I actually have a son named Tyler and we call him Ty. I love that name! Good luck finding a machine. I did that and found a gently used Freedom a couple of years back. I have been very happy with my machine and it is so exciting when you get down to putting it all together!

That avatar does not look like a critter than could actually sew or quilt. Although we love our critters we would also like to see you! ;)

A little advice Ty. Hold on to your guns and wait for that Milli. Selling out and getting something less is like buying a car without a radio to save a few bucks. When we started looking we were settling on an HQ. untill you look at the differance in price ,service , options and reliabilaty. the Milli. won out. The bliss system is great also. ( No charge Dawn) ;o)

Thank you all for your warm welcome! That is my cat Sophie. She is no longer a kitten and is kind of a spaz. :) I will post a picture of my other 4 legged "kids", who are dogs, later. They are my quilt "testers". Whenever I lay a finished top on the couch to sit back and admire it, the dogs think they need to go lay on it and test it out. Thank you for your encouragement in holding out for a Mille. After reading the posts on this site for the past couple of years, I have decided that the Mille is my "dream" machine.

Archived