Meet some new friends

Hi Pat,

Of course there's room for one more. I'm laughing trying to decide if I should announce here in public that there is certainly room for someone I have slept with. Okay, so we shared a bed at Innovations, get your minds out of the gutter!

Wendy, shop owner, said that we can meet at the shop "Anytime", and that she is "so excited" that we are doing this. I have no idea how many of us are going to be there, but I'm surely looking forward to meeting people, re-newing friendships, etc.

Patch, you'd better get over here! Crossing the river isn't that bad. After all, Linda S. is talking about making a 2-3 hour drive up here from Eugene. Of course, she could beg off to clean her house, but she'd darn well better not! As to myself, I leave a note for the dogs with chores to do each day. Do you think they've done any?

Time to get to "real work", group starts in 15 min. See you all in person on the 11th, but I'm sure we'll be "talking" before then.

Beth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

2-3 hours? :o I forgot to tell you my car has hyper-drive. I make downtown Portland in 1.5 hours easy. Shhhh! Don't tell the guys in those slick dark green cars. ;) On a more serious side, I have some medical stuff (not serious) going on and don't know what my schedule will be like in the coming weeks, but I'd love to come if I can.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Oh please come so that I can give you a big hug and say thanks for all your postings about the CL. I bought mine at Innovations, took me months to get up the nerve to install, and now I love it! I just got the Baptist Fan template from Trudy, and am doing a quilt with it right now.

You must really be flying if you can make it up here in 1.5 hours. It used to take me 1.25 from Estacada to Salem when I was in college. Just beware when you go through the town where you turn off for Corvallis. I'm blanking on the name. I got stopped for doing 80mph on my way home from Linda A's. I didn't even know my car would go that fast!

So everyone, drive safely, no tickets please. Wendy said that we can do this whenever we want, so it will certainly be happening again if you can't make this one. See you there!

Beth:D

I've been thinking that someone with a digital camera, and the knowledge to post pics on this chat needs to come prepared to be the official photographer. My husband has a digitial, but I'm sure he's getting a little tired of "honey, can you put this on the web for me?"

This is going to be so fun!

Beth:P

Okay you all, is this a sewing day or a just get together day? sorry if I sound confused. but unless Life happens count me in. Beth can hardly wait to finally meet you and you too Linda in Eugene and of course it will be wonderful to see you again Pat and to finally get to put faces to names

My gosh a party in February who would have thunk it. YEA:D

Bekah, I love the name of your business. You also have the same name as one of our Pastor's daughters. But you can't be her (or she, for the grammar police!), because she's an ordained minister too, and I doubt she'd have time for a quilting business on the side, LOL! Ok, tmi here, bye!

I've got the digital camera, but I still don't know how to post a picture here that isn't the size of Montana!!! So, is there anyone else out there that could be the official photo person??? I'm looking forward to putting a face to the names of several of you and renewing friendships too. I've even written this in INK in my day planner. See you in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Patch (Patty) I got the info. No time to read now as I'm on my way to Guild mtg. I'll try and post a picture later and see if I can do it this time. By the way, several people have tried to instruct me on this and I guess that my brain just doesn't "compute" get it!! LOL :D I'll try later today!

Just poking my head in and wanted to ask...Is this get-together for APQS only? I am a LA'er but it's not a APQS....I live near Roseburg and would love to meet up with some ladies (and gentlemen) of "like minds" I'm fairly new to the area....so this would be a nice ice breaker for me. Not sure I could make this first meeting...but I would like to be in on the next one if there is a next one.

Hi Katnap,

I may be a fabric snob, 100% cotton only in my quilts, but I don't think I'm a longarm snob. Of course you are welcome!

I'm not sure how regular this is going to be, something we can talk about in the future, but it surely seems to be something popular.

How close to Roseburg are you? My in laws live down there. Wonderful folk.

Beth

Maybe if we want to sew we can just bring something to work on, but not something that will cut off conversation, eh?

katnap, I don't even have a LA, and they're letting me in. Such nice people here, and you'll be glad you came if you can get here then. I do hope it continues, as it's very good to have a circle of folks who are as obsessed as I am with this thing we call quilting. I love meeting people from different places, so it will be very fun. Hope to see you there!

When I got to meet Beth this weekend, I told her I thought it would be fun if it were a kind of show and tell get together. Bring a couple of quilts you've done (either pieced or quilted or both) so we can all get some great ideas and inspiration. I am going to bring a couple of my quilts that I pieced and had quilted by someone else--before I got my longarm. I will also bring my digital camera so we can get more pics. I can't wait. It will be so much fun. Beth was not kidding, parking is tricky so plan on parking around the corner. It's such a cute little shop and the owner is a sweetie. They are having a bus to Sisters that sounds like a lot of fun. You'll have to check it out. This is all IMHO so if you want to bring a project to work on, don't let it scare you off. :D

I am having an idea here, and maybe it's a bad idea, but I find myself wanting to bring this very first machine quilting sampler I made for the class last weekend, which I haven't finished yet. My thought is you could tell me if it looks like there's any hope for me at all in the thing. I am continuing to practice every day, but don't get much time some days, what with all the goings on with birthday and MIL being ill in So. Cal and DH planning to go down etc. etc. etc. So maybe by then I'll have done some on it that looks a tiny bit better, and somebody can tell me how to fix some things or if some things will ever get better.... sounding pessimistic here, not my intent. I just know I would never show that quilt to any prospective client in my life! or even other quilters, but you all sound so helpful.... I think you know what I mean. So should I bring it, or leave it home for my own morale's sake?..... What do you think?

Can hardly wait till the 11th! I'm going to sign up for the day trip to Sisters, I think. I do have a friend in Redmond, but am not sure if DH can drive me out there by then. I really don't like driving long distances, though I'm a great passenger, LOL!

Hey Patty and all the rest,

Yes, bring show and tells, whether they be good, bad or positively horrendous. I'm sewing binding down on one I did last night, and will bring it to ask some questions about tension. Patty, I teach the machine quilting class at the shop, and bring in the stuff that I learned on when I took the machine quilting class. It's truly scary, so trust me, your's can't be that bad either. See you then!

Beth

Oh, great, thanks Beth, I will then. Also, if anyone is still here, pop on over to the "photos" chat board and take a look at the last big project I finished on New Year's Day. I'll be giving it to the school on Feb. 7, so won't have it to "show and tell" about, so that's it for my good stuff. Only problem is, it's a tied quilt - oo, don't kick me out, please! LOL!

Norece, don't forget the old nuclear plant there. And you'd be very welcome, I'm sure, to crash Beth's party. Easy for me to say, huh Beth? LOL!

I have to tell you, I actually did give the quilt top to the teachers last June, on the last day of school - presented it to all the kids and everything, and it was an unfinished top, not even a rectangle! So, no, I couldn't take it back again, and I'm very through with that project. When I'm through with a project I never want to see it again, ya know? LOL!

Hi to Beth and the gang of Portland longarmers------

Is this get together still on? I may stop by as my DH and I may head for Salem to visit his Mom on Sunday. If so, I will bring rulers and templates for show-and-tell and my Towa gauge for everybody to play with. It sounds like fun!

Linda Steller--will you be there? I met you for 30 seconds at Innovations last year and would love to sit and chat!

Linda Rech

Olympia Wa

Archived