The decision is made....with 2 questions for you

I have a 12' table as my room is only 12' x 13.5' plus I have the motor for the forward advance! I've been on weight watchers for over a year and am at goal so I can't gain weight or I won't be able to get behind my machine.

As for the heighth, I'm 5' but my friend is taller, so I wear stacked heels when quilting from the front!

Congrats on your new toy,

DebLou

I've heard of some people putting the end of the machine in the closet and extending out into the room. If you don't have room for a 14' table then go the the 12' - it may be plenty of table space anyway. You need about 15' of space for a 14' table because of the motorized feed.

I have the 14' table and it fits in 2 different rooms of my house. I am in the middle of moving it from the up stairs to the basement - 2 flights of stairs. But I get my bedroom back - yippee.

Mary Beth

My shop is 13' X 16' and have a 12' table. There seems to be 'just enough' room on the ends to pass by without hitting anything on the walls or small corner table. Go for the 'bigger is better' if you can. I, too, am considering the hydraulic lift to help with sore neck,etc. I think just a little 'tweek' in height will help alleviate discomfort after several hours 'work'.

I am a fairly new quilter, since the start I have wanted a long arm, I have been using a new joy, most of my quilts won't fit, they are folded up on a shelf. So, I finaly made the LEAP at Road To Ca and put a deposit on the Millinium. I too have been wondering about the 14' table and the lift. All of your comments are helpful...I am worried about being able to quilt really well, to charge folks...

Thanks,

Maryhelen

Hi everyone,

Cheryl and Marilynn must have done pretty well at the Road show 'cuz I put a deposit on a Mille too!! :D Up until then I have been using a 10' short arm set up with PC quilter and max throat.

I have been following all your discussions for a while and want to thank you all for the good advice and humor that has been given out.

I have been drawing (quilting) in my dreams since we ordered it...I can't wait!!!!! I have even enlisted my 13 yr. old son to come up with some creative continuous line drawings as he is learning drafting and is quite good....next I'll get him on the machine...heh heh heh.

Ok now my question:

I am going to be setting this up by myself...what if anything should be particularily paid attention to in set-up?

Thanks for your advice...

Pat (aka: phx515)

future Mille (aka: "Little Wing")

Happy in warm So. California

Make sure if you're on carpet not to get the fibers stuck between the tubes and rails when you tighten them together! The tape measure side goes on the back side of the table. Don't put the back handles on backwards (commonly happens). Don't take off or throw away the plastic sheet that is on the lexan; it covers your pantos. That's all I can think of right now. It will all make sense when you set up. None of these are a big deal. If you accidentally put the back handles on backwards it's not the end of the world! It's pretty easy. Call me if you need help!

Archived