Just finished my first ever longarm quilting. With help from a friend cleaned and prepared machine, loaded first quilt, and finished it. Loaded second quilt myself, and having hard time working on anything else! Love it. Completely hooked.

The only complaint I have is the beeping when using the stitch regulator. Is there a way to stop it? I have become prone to migraines and am afraid it might trigger one. It is loud even with ipod going!

On my way to studio to use it now!

post-11204-0-98202000-1359381635_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Marion! Your quilt is fantastic and you've notched up a few milestones already. Try your machine in manual mode, with the stitch regulator turned off. You may find it easier to quilt without the distraction. But trust me, after a little while, you probably won't even notice the stitch regulator sound when it's turned on. :)

i have a lenni also an that chirping i didnt like at all ...one day mine stopped..the chirping i mean...love that it dont do that any more...called up the company to make sure i could still use lenni..as much as thay cost didnt want to mess anything up ...an it wont ....i put on a cd .. or just the radio.....an the chirping is`nt all that you hear...good luck with your lenni ...i`ve had mine since 2008...love it love it...

Hi Marion and Welcome!! When I first got my Millie that darn chirping drove me nuts when I used the stitch regulator; I thought it was enough with the little yellow light flashing out of the corner of my eye to let me know it was in stitch regulator mode. But with time I hardly hear it anymore. I know some have taken the cover off and placed a piece of tape over the noise maker.

Black electrical tape wrapped around the "chirp box" will muffle it a bit.

It looks like your pretty stitching might be a panto? If that's the case, standing at the back of the machine with the chirper next to your right ear is extra loud and distracting to say the least. Try an ear plug in your right ear if only to give your brain some rest!

What makes to noise so irritating when you're a newbie is because that stitch regulator gives you time to think and plan as you stitch. And when you think, you stop. And when you stop, that darned SR keeps right on beeping. And the noise keeps you from thinking clearly!! :angry: arrrrgghhh! Give this a try--while you're thinking and planning and know you need to stop--just stop and hit the button to turn off the SR. Now you can think, plan, turn it back on and continue stitching. Try to stop at a seam or place in the fabric pattern that's won't show if you have a wobble. Once you get enough quilts finished your stop-and-think time shortens considerably and the chirp will just be background noise.

Have a great time--you're on your way!!

Archived