Attention batik strip swappers--the prizes!

Hi strippers!

In order to award the prizes, please post here.

If you've finished a top, post the number of days it took you from receipt of your strips and the finished top. Note which group (1 or 2) you were in.

If you've finished a project (a quilted top or other project like a bag) post the number of days from receipt of your strips and the finish.. Note which group you were in.

One prize per stripper--you can win for the piecing, but not again for the finish. That will be fair to all.

One problem--we have a Canadian stripper who still hasn't received her strips--they were mailed on January 25th and I'm trying to track the package without much success. Because of that, the second group prize awards may be delayed to allow all to play.

Prizes? Glad you asked! :D

Dennis will make you one of two templates--your choice. 

One is a ruler and one is a marking template. More info to follow when the winners are determined.

Thanks for playing--there has been some interest in another swap. I won't be hosting again for a while because of time constraints. Anyone else who wants to host can jump in--email me if you want some advice or direction.

Hey, Linda

I hope our Canadian stripper gets her package soon. It would be such a waste to have all those beautiful stips disappear, never to be seen again. I'm anxious to see what everyone else does with their strips.

I received my strips on the 18th, and finished my top on the 25th, 7 days later.

Oops, forgot to say, I received mine with the first group you mailed out. :blush:

If she doesn't get them I would be happy to send her another set of my strips if needed. I definately wont win a prize as it will be at least another week before I can even get them out of the bag and decide what to do with them. Have to go do moms stuff next week.

Shirley

Are you taking about me Linda?

I'm still waiting, but no worries, should be here next week, hopefully. Don't know what's taking so long, I'm straight up north from you. :wacko: (probably customs!)

You guys go ahead and finish up your quilts. I won't have time to participate in the "competition."

I'm working on a quilt for Mandy as a tester currently.

I'm thinking of making a simple nine patch with the various colours???...perhaps...or something else, still deciding!

I will post as soon as I finish. ;)  ;)

If I go for the simple nine patch which is better, Kona cotton (white or snow) for the background fabric or a nice creamy batik...still deciding. :unsure:

Just an option, but maybe we need to have a North of the Border swap, cause of all the hassles we have with shipping.  When we go to order a magazine, the price is almost the same as posted on the magazine.  We are not allowed to join in on the 50% sales etc,  cause we live up here.  Where you lucky people get to order thread and have it delivered within the week.  we wait at least 3.  It's crazy.  Wish I knew a way around it .  Just my opinion, on all shipping north,  not just for this swap.  Hugs  Marion in BC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I haven't been informed if anyone is still awaiting their strips and didn't want to award the prizes without everyone having a chance. I'll assume it's all good, that no one can beat the "best time" and will announce the goody-winners after I delve in the archives to compare finish dates! :P

Archived