What do the "stars" and "circles" mean by posts?

DawnCavanaugh

Hello Family,

If you haven't wandered around the Forum Help file (accessed by clicking on the link at the bottom of a page) you may not know what the symbols beside the posted threads mean. Learning that can help you follow your favorite topics, keep up with new posts, as well as spot threads that you haven't visited yet. Here's an explanation:

The Topic List
Within each forum there are a list of topics. Just like forums, each topic has a marker to indicate the type of topic it is:
t_unread.png A regular topic in which you've not read any posts.
t_read_dot.png This is a topic which you have participated in, with no new replies since you last read it.
t_unread_dot.png This indicates that you have previously replied in this topic, and there are new replies since you last read or replied to the topic.

Hope this helps!

Hi Dawn,

When I first read a new thread with a solid blue circle but do not leave a comment I can return later, click on the solid blue circle and be taken directly to the first new comment rather than having to scroll through the whole thread to find my previous place.  It is a great time saver and an improvement over the old system!

Archived