LUCEY died

I hope someone can help...I was quilting along and Lucey was in SR mode...I was marking something and accidentally bumped the machine and it moved across stitching 4 or 5 big stitches ...ended up in needle down...when I went to use white button for needle up the needle would not move...have to move the needle up manually with wheel....needle is not broken...so nothing is stuck..but neither the white or green stop start button works..SR chirp is there...

I was tired so I packed it in...I turned it off and back on but nothing...

What do I try...???

Tella,

Do you live in Canada? If so, it's possible you blew your motor fuse when the needle jammed. When the 4-5 big stitches occured, the needle most likely "caught" on the hook but didn't break. That would have put the hook under a bind and the needle up/down didn't have enough power to pull it up. That will cause the motor to blow a fuse.

Here's a document to show you where to find the fuse. If you aren't in Canada, let me know!

Fuse Repl - CSA_0001.pdf

If it comes on and runs, you didn't blow a fuse.  I think maybe try to run it in manual for a minute, then going back to SR mode?  Did anything come unplugged?   I blew a fuse getting my cleaning rag stuck in my hook while it was running!  Nothing would work!!!  Learned how to change my fuse, however!  (Then I learned how to re-time my machine! :D )  If it doesn't run, then it's probably just a fuse.  Easy peasy!

Tella,

Looks like Merry Jo, Vicki and I all hit "send" at the same time! :) To explain further, USA machines only have one main fuse. If that one blows, you'll have no functions whatsoever...no lights and no chirp. Since you said the chirper still is working, it pointed me toward a secondary fuse that is required by CSA for all machines in Canada. It's "under the hood" and affects the motor.

Let us know how it's going!

Boy you guys are fast .....I have a wicked headache... But i decided to try again and nothing..

Came up and voila...the help...how great it is to have you wonderful friends...I would have never thought about a fuse....I tried to look in the manual but I didn't find anything describing Lucey's ailments...

Dawn, yes, I am in Toronto...I hope I can find the fuse...tomorrow I will go out to buy one...that is hopefully going to fix it....I was so hoping to quilt tonight...

Tella,

The fuse info I attached above should be what you need to find the right fuse. You'll be looking for a 2 amp "slow blow" fuse. Take the burned out one with you to either "The Source" or a well stocked automotive or hardware store.

The info should be in your Lucey Manual...it would be in the assembly section, right around the part that talks about making the electrical connections or installing the power cord. Sorry you can't quilt tonight :(

I read over your notes...sounds like it will be a piece of cake....

I will go out in the morning....wonder if Walmart has this kind of stuff.....my kids would probably tell you that I too blow a fuse now and again...so I will buy an extra one for that...lol....

Dawn, thanks so much...I certainly didn't expect to get such quick help on a Sat. evening....even though I can't fix it tonight it is is relief knowing what is wrong....and a thank you to you too Vicky and Merry Jo...

and since I am here I have to tell you how happy I am quilting away...since I got the machine last June I have done 5 pantos and 5 front side free form...with each one I am improving and loving it more and more...I am going to post photos soon...

Have a great night all

Tella

Tella,

The fuse info I attached above should be what you need to find the right fuse. You'll be looking for a 2 amp "slow blow" fuse. Take the burned out one with you to either "The Source" or a well stocked automotive or hardware store.

The info should be in your Lucey Manual...it would be in the assembly section, right around the part that talks about making the electrical connections or installing the power cord. Sorry you can't quilt tonight :(

Canadian Tire will definitely have the fuse that you are looking for.

Hi ladies,

I did not have a chance to change the fuse until tonight and a few seconds after changing it it blew again...same thing happened to the second fuse and I am now back at square one because I only bought a pack of 2 fuses...

Bought at the source...maybe I bought the wrong type....

This is what I bought...

Miniature Fuses

250 VAC/VCA

On the back of the package...

Interrupting current: 100A 250AC

10,000 A 125VAC

TYPE NUMBER: MFG

5.2x20mm

Tella,

All the fuses we use are 5 x 20 mm, 250 volt, SLOW BLOW fuses.

For the motor fuse on your Lucey, it should be a 2 amp, 5 x 20 mm, 250 volt SLOW BLOW fuse.

My guess is that they didn't sell you the "slow blow" variety. If you put in a normal fuse, it will pop right away. Here's a link to the fuse from the website for "The Source" up in Canada.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Fuses_Glass&product=2701172

Thanks dawn,

That is what I asked for...my paper said that...this is what he gave me...I did not see anything with "slow blow" on it so I guess he picked the next best...I was looking too and didn't see it..but now that I know what I am looking for I wii gt the right ones...

Tella

Archived