Do you have a quilt hanging in the Lancaster quilt show?

I will be at the show. I am coming on a bus trip that is going to "do Lancaster". I think we are going to every quilt store in a 50 mile radius. We are going to be at the show a day and a half. I will stop by to see you.

I will be looking for Kathy's quilt that has been quilted by Heidi. I hope it gets a ribbon.

I have a customer's quilt in this show.  Her name is Marcia Sweitzer.  The quilt is round and looks like a stained glass window.  This was not intended as a show quilt when I quilted it so I am a little nervous about the judges comments.  I was very careful with my starts and stops, however there were millions and we did not bury the threads.  Oh well, lesson learned.  This lady has the best applique technique I have ever seen.  I have an applique quilt to do for her that is going to be shown.  Whew!   That is a lot of pressure!  I am planning on picking up silk thread from the Superior Booth when we are at the New England Quilt Festival in April.  I have been reading everything I can on the right way to quilt for show.  UGGG!

Angela-know you will be spending time with Faye and Howdy as well as others.  Hope you all have a blast together.  I took one off the frame today, now to square it up and bind it!

Have fun - it will be a wonderful show!

Love you!

:)

I wish you were coming, Marilyn!!

Wish I could be there, but I do have a quilt that will be a part of Mary Kerr's exhibit called "Quilt as Desired".  She asked some longarmers to quilt some vintage quilt tops she had and they have become part of an exhibit that will travel the country starting with this Lancaster show...

The one I did is a large red and green triple irish chain, I quilted some ovelaping feathered hearts in the blank spaces with dripping holly leaves and berries as she said to "think christmas" when she gave it to me....if anyone sees it and can take a picture I'd love it!!!

I'm going on Saturday. I also have a quilt hanging in Lancaster AQS and three others on display in two exhibits at the Lancaster Spring Show out at the Host Hotel.

Kim,

I'll try to find it. Did you piece it too? What is the name of the quilt and what machine did you use for the piecing! I'm going to try to hunt down all the quilts listed on this string and get photos.

Thanks,

Angela

HI Angela,

It's called Earth and Sky. It's an embroidered applique done in dark brown/blue batik with turquiose appliques. I used a Viking Diamond to piece/embroider. I will be down on Saturday and I'll stop by the APQS booth to say hello. Looking forward to meeting you.

Archived