New wheels

B) Wow, I have Edgerider Wheels on my UI.  Talk about smooth.  Very smooth and slick.  Now, I've had Edgeriders before, but they also have red bearings in them as well.  At the time I didn't know any difference from any other wheel because they were just as good as the factory wheel that were on the Gammill Optimum that I had bought.  Since that machine I have had the UI and the Millennium.  I bought new wheels for the UI a few years ago and they started oozing grease from the bearings about 6 months ago and the machine started getting hard to move.  That's when I heard from Bonnie and saved my arms from becoming like Popeye.  This machine hasn't move like this ever.  It kind of feels like the UII that I used to have except smoother.  I had to wait a couple of days for Butch to send me the Edgerider kit for my Compuquilter.  Some parts I didn't need, some parts I had to use from the old wheeels.  Like the factory wheel spacers, they were a big help.  If I didn't have the spacers, then I would have been scrounging around for a lot of small washers, or going to the hardware store, to use to lift the machine high eough to get the metal plates to clear the sensors.  All in all it went quite well and was easy for me. Thanks again Bonnie.  Regards,  zeke............. :P

I'm really glad the ERs are working for you.  They sure made a difference on my Ult 1 - but now I'm a happy camper with my Millie with Bliss, M&Ms, etc.  Still haven't had time to try the handles you loaned me.  Hoping to get out to my shed sometime this coming week.

• 9 months later...

You'll be able to check out your wheels when you get your machine. Then you can see what you have, whether the movement is smooth enough for you, and make a decision whether to change them out. You have a choice of Edgeriders or M&M wheels. Both have received great reviews. If there is an APQS dealer near you, they can advise you of your options and where to purchase. 

Archived