For sale -- 5000m cones of Glide thread

I'm selling (32) Glide No. 40 Polyester thread 5000m cones as I just don't care for it. Most of these cones are unused, though they are open as I like to unwind and lay the strand of thread across the quilt when picking my color thread to quilt.  There are five cones that are approximately 1/4 to 1/3 used.

I would like to sell them all as a group for $140 plus half of the shipping cost. I would roughly estimate your half at about $15 to $20, depending on how far you are from 93274. This is about $5 a cone.

Please contact me at blhutcherson@sbcglobal.net

Used:

Khaki

Linen

Cream

Warm Grey 4

Blaze

Unopened:

Blossom

Rhododendrum

Strawberry Blonde

Opened but unused:

Lemon Ice

Mulberry

Burnt Orange

Mango

Key Lime

Cardinal

Aloe

Rust

Pink

Light Tan

Candy Apple

Black

White

Cool Grey 3

Cornflower

Celery

Peppermint

Dark Aqua

Peacock

Sea Foam

Violet

Tangerine

Cantaloupe

Prickly Pear

Thanks for looking!

post-5206-0-99095600-1367364585_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-38321600-1367364599_thumb.jpg

Laura:  I bought some of the Sigma thread Metro had/has (I don't know if the sale is still on) for $2.40 a 5000M cone last week.  It seems to perform very similar to Glide.  They also had their entire set of 150 colors in 1000 M cones on sale for $115.  That's less that $0.80 a cone.  If you want to see them all, and don't think you'd need more than that amount for any project, that might be worth buying.  My wife bought the set, when it was delivered, I looked at it, and picked out 13 colors that I wanted, and ordered the 5000 M cones. 

It is made in China, and that might affect your decision.  Jim

Thanks Jim, that's a good idea...get the smaller cones and then decide which colors you like best and order the larger ones. I do have some Metro thread and have used it...will check this out :)

Archived