what do all the abbreviations mean?

Naysayers Post??? What Naysayers post? Did I miss something? LOL

When I first started using chats I had to go to that website to learn chat-ese. But here I had to learn more, like LQS.... I have to say my fav. is ROTFLOL. I guess because it's my favorite activity.

DS - Dear Son, could be mistaken with Dear Sister, so I do DSis

MIL - Mother-in-law

SIL - Son-in-law, but could be mistaken with Sister-in-law so I do SisIL

DIL - Daughter-in-law

I guess you can get the rest from that. I don't know why they have to be dear though.... :D

Oh - just saw another one: DSM - domestic sewing machine. I guess not everybody does it the same. Have fun!

This thread is so much fun. When I first began reading, I thought DH was "dumb" husband! Since mine has trouble with all mechanical things, AKA - anything that seems like work to him (he's retired), he can't figure out how to do it. Convenient for him, huh? And, he really is not a dummy. I think he watched too many of Bill Cosby's domestic skits years ago. LOL. I thought it was kinda universal that most folks on the list had DHs - like mine. Well, to my surprise, most of you have hard working, very handy "dear"husbands. Good for all of you! Anytime you want to lend out your handyman, I have plenty of work to keep him busy. :)

Originally posted by Linda S

Beth - this is the most comprehensive list of abbreviations I have ever found:

http://home.earthlink.net/~gglabus/laabbv.htm

Lots are just internet related, but there are lots of longarm related ones too.

Linda

THANKS Loads Linda for this link. I printed it out so I don;t have to try to Remember all of them !

Patty, I think that ETE means "edge to edge" or a pantograph.

And, I'm sure that many of us have held our bladders to the max and we've continued to quilt while our stomachs are growling ferociously. It's so hard to break away from quilting sometimes! "Oh, just finish one more seam, just let me press this one block...just finish quilting this one section..." LOL! ;) Priorities, you know...

Archived