Guild speakers wanted. Share your favorites please.

Anyone have recommendations of quilters/pattern makers/ quilt tool makers on the USA who are willing to travel to guilds for trunk shows and demos?

My guild needs to fatten their list of potential speakers. I visit many quilty blogs and offered some suggestions to the program chair. Most big-name speakers are booked into 2015 and we need to fill next year.

You can email me if you have a suggestion, or post here if you like. Thanks!

lindarech@comcast.net

I took a class from Sue Heinz at MQS this year and I second Marilyn's comment, she is GREAT!  Our guild has had Frieda Anderson, Jan Krentz, Pat Speth, Gail Garber and Marsh McCloskey.  When we have a national teacher for a program we also have classes the two days prior to the meeting.  The program and classes have always been very good.

I belong to two guilds. We have had Sharon Schamber, Bonnie Hunter, Marlous Carter, Barbara Pershing and Mary Hoover (sisters), Linda Hahn, Barb Arnold, Sue Nickels, Kathie Alyce (Flip Flop Blocks) and Carol Doak.

In the past we have had Marianne Fons, Faye Labanaris (applique quilts), Bethany Reynolds, Mickey Lawler and Karen Eckmiere (Quilted Lizard). I don't know if they still travel.

I don't know if you could get any of them soon though. Good Luck.

Yeah!  Vickie has already started a write in campaign for me!  If the rest of you would vote for me perhaps I'd get the job!  After all, now, I know a little bit of information that is not useless!  And....I clean up pretty good and wear shoes and everything!  I even use good English - although it is a bit slow and I really know how to get the most out of my vowels!

Yeah!  Vickie has already started a write in campaign for me!  If the rest of you would vote for me perhaps I'd get the job!  After all, now, I know a little bit of information that is not useless!  And....I clean up pretty good and wear shoes and everything!  I even use good English - although it is a bit slow and I really know how to get the most out of my vowels!

You're cracking me up, Sylvia!!  You better start putting your speech together; I bet you get the gig!! :D

Archived