Wholesale price on Superior Threads?

I've signed up for a wholesale account with Superior Threads, but they haven't sent me a wholesale price list. I want to place an order, but I see that Columbia River is 25% off all Superior Thread and now I'm stymied - is this better than Superior's wholesale price?

If it's not appropriate to post the wholesale price here, can someone email me what it is?

juliagraves@verizon.net

Thanks!

Julia Graves

Hi there,

Never fear! Superior's wholesale price to us you can figure as 1/2 the retail price plus shipping which starts at $7.00 but is usually only a dollar or two more depending on how many spools of thread you order. I recently put in another HUGE order of thread and the shipping was quite reasonable.

Have fun ~~ buy lots! ~~ Eva H.

Julia,

When you have set up a wholesale account with Superior Threads, you need to log in on their site in order for the wholesale prices to be displayed with the individual items.

I don't know why, but every time I log in on the site I have to do it twice to actually be logged in (the Login field in the top right corner reflects the user name that you are logged in with).

Happy shopping,

Birgit

Hi Beth,

If you live in the Columbia River area then essentially, as far as shipping and delivery, you live in the St.George area as well. I forgot to mention that the service is excellent and they always ship quickly, even overnight if you must have it right away. And, ya gotta love Bob's humor. If you live in Hawaii and will pay the extra $700 for shipping, he'll deliver it in person!

My motto: "I have lots of thread and I'm not afraid to use it!"

When you shop at Superior, give them a ring first so they can change your $$ amount to wholesale.

You can always place an order and then ring for a total............they adjust the amount.

I know there is an easier way, but I usually just ring and speak to Pat and at the same time get what the specials are.

They are always so nice, that's why I ring....

Best of luck!

Tish

Once you open a wholesale account with them you always need to log in in order to see and get the wholesale prices. If you don't log before you add the items to your "cart" then you will only see the retail prices.

I use to buy my thread through Kingsmen until I realized how conveinent and how much more I would save by opening up a wholesale account with them. All is needed is a tax ID# to do so.

Joann

Guest Linda S

Yep! The above posts are correct. If you have a wholesale account at Superior, simply log-in to your account and you will see the wholesale prices. Great thread, great prices, great service, and Bob is a hoot!

Linda

I'm reading your messages regarding Superior threads. Now I understand if you want certain types of thread you would order other places. (King Tut, etc.)--- But, I found that APQS has the best prices on Superiors So-Fine thread. It's in their catalog. Page 2. 3280 yard cones. for $8.95. They have 17 colors in the catalog...maybe they have more colors if you call them directly.

So, is there a better deal on So-Fine from Superior anyplace else?

Hi Sparkle:

If you go to the Superior Threads website you'll see all the thread they have available. Many different types for machine quilting in a zillion color choices too. So Fine! is just one of the many they have. King Tut is another, Bottom Line, Rainbows, Highlights, Poly Quilter, etc.

http://superiorthreads.com/

Check it out. Have Fun!

Hi again,

Those are really good questions. I hadn't checked prices in a while, but looking at the last sheet that came with a recent order, So Fine! directly from Superior is still only $7.95 for a 3,280 yd cone. I did get the price for shipping wrong. It recently went up a dollar and starts at $8.00 for any wholesale shipment. Still, that's better than putting gas in my tank to drive to Portland for thread.

So Fine! and the others I mentioned in my previous post are all Superior Threads brands. Superior is the company that owns the thread. They sell to distributors, wholesalers, retailers and direct to consumers. It's great that APQS has thread available for it's machine quilters. It's a great service but, of course, they would have to have some mark-up to cover the cost of making it available, which is only reasonable.

It's the same with batting. Thermore, Heirloom 80/20, and the new Tuscany brand of battings are all Hobbs brands of batting. Other battings are made and sold by different companies. Make sense?

If I happen to be in Portland and want to spend the time I'll go out to E.E.Schenk's to pick up a few things but over the last couple of years I've found it's much more economical to order my batting directly from Hobbs and to buy thread directly from Superior. Less time shopping and more time quilting and the prices are still the best. I guess some people are put off by minimum orders or having to first set up an account, but believe me, you'll be going through lots of thread and batting and when you work that into customers' quilts you'll be getting that money back with some profit built in besides.

Hope that helps. ~~ Eva H.

Archived