These photos are from quilts finished this past month.  The first is a nap quilt for my grandson.  I used the CL cogs template in the center (thank you Vickie) and surrounded the cogs with freehand stars and loops.  The cogs remind me of the Death Star on Star Wars but my husband didn't want me to put Death Star on the label for a 5 year olds nap quilt so I called it the Nap Star quilt.  

The second photo is of Abby's quilt, she's 8.  It's a Log Cabin Zoo.  She came to my house on Tuesday's after school last year and worked on piecing the quilt,  she even chose all of the fabrics.   She completed the top this summer.  I asked if she wanted to quilt it on the big machine, my Millie, but she said she couldn't do it.  She chose the Cosmos CL boards, because she wanted flowers on it.  I quilted several rows before she came and stood next to me and watched what I was doing.  When I asked if she wanted to try it she took the handles from me and kept on quilting.  Of course after a few minutes she got bored and asked me to finish it but she did try the longarm.  Whew!  

She went with me to my guild meeting last week and showed the ladies her quilt.  Everyone raved about it and asked if she wanted to show it in our quilt show in February.  She was thrilled.  

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to share with you.

9524033254_447da5c827.jpg
Untitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

9524044776_e368fc69ea.jpg
Untitled by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

Archived