Speaking of DSM's!

I have one of the first Viking D1's that were converted to a USB.   it has had things happening, and slowly dieing, one feature by one feature.

The other day was piecing on it and keeping an eye on the computer quilter on Lenni, when I guess I just lost my mind.  

It was so quiet, so smooth, such pretty stitching, even not tight nor slack.  Just right.

When i ran out of bobbin thread yesterday I popped the cover off the bobbin area and found one of Lenni's aluminum bobbins..  I was told and believed that No Other Bobbin but a Viking, would work.  Well then,

How come she was so quiet, so smooth, so wonderful.  I think I'm sold.    I've used prewounds, just couldn't equate that to a metal bobbin of some kind, breed, type, etc.

So, I'm sold, from now on when I have to fill a bobbin for the Viking, I will do it on a Lenni bobbin and on the turbo winder.

Say, brilliant thoughts do hit me now and then.  Do you think it might be a better quality wound bobbin, and not just the "kind"?

Rita

I've also been told that No Other Bobbin but a Janome should be used on my embroidery machine.  Guess what?  My old Elna bobbins all work on it too.  They are all plastic though.

Isn't it funny how we buy into those "rules"?

Do you sew over pins?  I still believe that's a bad thing that Should Never Be Done.

I don't sew over pins any more, since one snapped, and the chunk hit my cheek.  I do wear glasses so have that protection, BUT!!

My vision is just too precious to me.

By using any bobbin, we sure save $$ over the cost of the "special" bobbins.   Gotta love that.

Rita

I too have found that my Lenni bobbins work great in my Brother domestic, nice even smooth stitches; even the ones that don't work in Lenni will work in Brother.  Seems like every time I buy new bobbins for Lenni , about  25% of them don't work in Lenni.  But they do in DSM.

BTW Rita, what computer do you have on your Lenni and where did you get it?

I don't sew over pins any more, since one snapped, and the chunk hit my cheek.  I do wear glasses so have that protection, BUT!!

My vision is just too precious to me.

By using any bobbin, we sure save $$ over the cost of the "special" bobbins.   Gotta love that.

Rita

I thought about hitting like, but I don't like the fact you got hit with a broken pin...The same thing happened to me also!  I guess that's why I find myself squinting sometimes when I do sew over a pin.  My millie bobbins work in my pfaff also.

AHHHH  the secrets we find out, like the bobbins that fit machines that supposedly won't let us use others.  I also use prewounds in the Viking and the little Burnette.  Can't seem to find the right combo for the Featherweight or 99k Singers I have.

Janice, I have the Side Saddle,  made by Jennifer and Dave at   www.thequiltingsolution.com    I really like the way it works, and it really saves my shoulder and upper back from a lot of pain. 

I believe they have a couple short video's on site and maybe on You Tube.  They are also Very good at customer service.. close to APQS.   And, I mus'nt forget  The price is a LOT lower than many./most others.

Rita

I know that I can use the same bobbins on my 17 year old Elna as I use on my 7 year old Bernina (which is about to be for sale as soon as I get it serviced by the dealer).  They don't seem to be quite the same as my brnad new Baby Lock.  I hadn't thought to try my Freedom/Millenium bobbins.  I will compare the sizes.  Thanks for the tip!

Archived