Comfort T-shirt Quilt...only 3 more to go

My husband's best friend (besides me) died suddenly in his sleep (heart attack at 45 years old) earlier this year.  This is the first of 4 t-shirt quilts I will be making out of his shirts (mostly Harley t-shirts).  His wife is giving this one to his mom for an early Christmas present.  I can say this has to be the only quilt that has gone together perfectly.  I think Doug and God was smiling down on me and guiding my every move in the process.  That's how I felt anyway.  I have to say this is part of the healing process for me, too, as we all used to ride cycles together and do the car show circuit together for years.  Flannel on the back, flames panto, black hobbs 80/20 batting, So Fine black thread, and Pellon SF101 stablizer.  Thanks for looking.

11060554743_a34c048774.jpg
dougsmomsquilt 2013 by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

11060518344_24797817a5.jpg
dougsmomspartialblock 2013 by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

Thanks, Kath and Christine!

For any of you that do a lot of t-shirt quilts, do you have one of those steam press contraptions that you use?  If so, where would I be able to find one?  I checked with my local t-shirt/print shop and theirs is a heat press (no steam).

For any of you that do a lot of t-shirt quilts, do you have one of those steam press contraptions that you use?  If so, where would I be able to find one?  I checked with my local t-shirt/print shop and theirs is a heat press (no steam).

Cindy, 

I use my Singer Magic Press 4 (I've had it 25+years; bought it to press my husband's pants!)  It doesn't use steam, so I cover the graphics with a press cloth and spritz with water, then press.  It gives a nice crisp finish to the tshirt blocks.

Archived