Solar Blinds - NQR

We have a beautiful view of the mountains from our cathedral windows. Problem is, all those windows let in a lot of heat in the summer and lose a lot of heat in the winter. The previous owners installed pleated blinds to combat the issue. Problem is, we lost our beautiful view. So we ordered solar shades that block heat and UV and prevent heat loss, while allowing you to see through them. We installed them in the cathedral windows today. The top of the window is 16 feet. My poor husband is terrified of heights, but he did it. Guess he's a keeper! Happy early Christmas to me!

The first photo shows the finished blinds. The second shows when we started and a glimpse of the old blinds.

post-1093-0-42616400-1386379583_thumb.jpg

post-1093-0-93377400-1386379615_thumb.jpg

What a nice Christmas gift, and kudos to Joe for installing them!  Gotta love those hubbys that will do projects like this for us.

I also installed solar blinds on 19 windows of our old farm house.  I don't have the beautiful view of the mountains like you, but I don't like that shut-in feeling that shades provide.

Absolutely love, love, love them. 

Enjoy your view!

Archived