When you go computerized, do you keep........

Well until you buy the digitized version of them, I would keep your favorites. You might keep one or two just in case. But I didn't, now I wish I would have kept a couple, only because I have a few people that want yo learn how to do panto graphs. Other than that I haven't missed mine. I still have my Quiltazoid, and stencils. And my assortment of rulers. And I have still used those, not all of them I have found digitized.

Not all pantos have been digitized. If you have older ones, you might want to check availability before you get rid of them, although one I used a lot wasn't available and I just contacted the designer and they had them digitized for me in about a week. Most are in the process of digitizing there pantos and designs, but it all takes time.

I still freehand, ditch and do custom. I have enjoyed doing all including sone computerized all on the same quilt.

Shirley

I have kept 3 groovy boards,  RnS and The Topper boards. 

I never have been able to come close to following a panto,

and I've tried so many times...  so, no don't have any but a

couple I spilled coffee on and couldn't sell.

I am keeping the rulers, straight, curved, rounds, etc..   Just can't

see selling or getting rid of them.  There will be times they are needed

and if we don't have them, then tough out of luck.

I also have stencils and am going to one day, probably next year

get all those listed and sell off.   rofl, I need the wall space.

there are things we keep and things we don't keep, and I'm thinking

each of us have our own lists of things to keep.

Rita

Hi Georgene,

I added IQ to my machine a little over a year ago.  After using IQ for several months, I felt comfortable selling all my pantos.  I held on to my Circle Lord stuff for a few months after selling my pantos, and then decided that my CL goodies could go on to new homes.    It's kind of hard to sell some of those things that have been such good friends!  This past summer, I sold most of my stencils off too.  I held on to a few favorites, and my Pam Clarke ones.

I'm keeping most of my rulers, but I have sold a few that I just didn't use.  I'm sure I could sell a few more, but I've always been a ruler girl!

I know some people sold their pantos, long boards, CL stuff, and other gizmos and gadgets before getting their computers.  I had to get used to quilting with my IQ before taking that step.  It's all where your comfort level is.

I think I've used my IQ on every quilt since I added it.  Most of the quilts I get in, are panto quilts.  My custom quilts I get in, seem to get  a mix of both hand guided for backgrounds, ruler work, and IQ for blocks, motifs, and borders.  It's also fun to do pantos in the interior, and do separate borders.  

The other day, I compared my last full year of being completely hand guided to my first full year of being computerized.  I knew I was more productive, but when I did the numbers I was kind of surprised.  I had an increase of 28% !  I quilt for others part time, but I was amazed at that increase.  Add to that, my neck, back, and shoulders feel 100% better!  I'm a happy camper!

Diane

I sold all my gadgets, and gave my pantos to the lady who bought my 2009 Millie as a present.  I am glad, as when I got my new Gen Millie, with Quilt Path, it gives me a chance to use it and get used to it.  I never used the pantos anyway.  Free-motioned most everything.  Happy Holidays!

Archived