2013 Scorecard

Last year--

I quilted 78 customer quilts.

Four QOVs

Two free quilts for the family of our dear guild president who unexpectedly passed away.

Six charity quilts for my guild and a friend who donates to various other causes.

Piecing--zip. Yet again. But that's gonna change. I hope to retire in June from the day job and still take in the same number of quilts per month so I'll have some play time for me.

Interesting point. I have a quilt from November which hasn't been picked up. Communicating with the owner has been extremely difficult and while I'd like to be paid, I'm more than a bit concerned about what's happening in her life that she'd ignore phone messages and emails. I don't care why she's delayed, only that she's OK and wants me to hold it for her until she can manage to come for it. Pressure from me isn't what she needs now, I'm sure.

I also have two other December quilts which haven't been picked up either. Sheesh! When I schedule quilts in December I try to take only quilts meant as Christmas gifts. That way i know they've budgeted the $$ and are eager to pick up. Apparently both of them are out of town--one will be in the sunny south until March and the other was kind enough to offer to send me a check "if I needed it". She'll be back in a couple of weeks. I guess I need to either be extremely specific with December quilts or ask for payment up front. sigh. 

Wishing everyone full bobbins, appreciative customers, understanding families, and a wonderful New Year!

Oh my Linda, I almost wish you hadn't mentioned how many quilt! LOL  No wonder I'm tried!!!!

I checked my list and I completed 90 quilts for others. I made the 3 baseball quilts and I made a quilt this last week for our great grand son. I was suppose to had it made last January when he was due. Now Bryce will receive it for his first birthday! 

I had a similar situation with the lack of quilt pick up.  It was over a year, and I was tired of storing it.  I also sent her a registered letter, but she never bothered to pick it up, and it just came back to me. I had even offered to mail the quilt back to her, but she'd need to pay the cost of shipping and handling.  Still no response. 

Since that time I have added an addendum to my quilt check in sheets saying to the effect that if they don't pick up their quilt 30 days after I contact them that it is finished, or make other arrangements, the quilt is subject for donation to a charity of my choosing.

She did finally come to get the quilt, but arrived 45 min. after her scheduled pick up time, when I had another customer.  I put  a note on the door saying I was sorry that I couldn't meet with her at that time, I was with someone else, but would get there as soon as possible.  Then I chatted with Michael for a time in my studio.  Yes, it's going to be a very long time before I quilt for her again.

Yes, I'd be glad to teach anyone who wants to learn!

I've taught a couple of casual newbie classes to several guild-mates who either just bought a longarm or who were thinking about it.

I'd love to teach a custom/how-can-I-quilt-this class. 

Dave--there will be a Moxie meeting in Hillsboro at the end of this month. Several Moxies are in Portland if you're interested in attending and want to ride-share. (Bekah is in Gresham and I'll be headed down from Olympia and can pick up somewhere off I-5.) We are the friendliest group of longarmers--not brand-specific, all levels of expertise, lots of laughter, food, and show & tell. Contact me if you're interested.

lindarech@comcast.net

Yes, I'd be glad to teach anyone who wants to learn!

I've taught a couple of casual newbie classes to several guild-mates who either just bought a longarm or who were thinking about it.

I'd love to teach a custom/how-can-I-quilt-this class. 

Dave--there will be a Moxie meeting in Hillsboro at the end of this month. Several Moxies are in Portland if you're interested in attending and want to ride-share. (Bekah is in Gresham and I'll be headed down from Olympia and can pick up somewhere off I-5.) We are the friendliest group of longarmers--not brand-specific, all levels of expertise, lots of laughter, food, and show & tell. Contact me if you're interested.

lindarech@comcast.net

Gee just too far away! Darn!   :( I wish I could come!!!

I did 46 quilts on Zelda, and probably half that many on my Gammill classic.  The Gammill was out of service from February to July while I rebuilt our sewing studio.  That would make a total of about 70 quilts for the year.  Down a little bit from the 100 per year that I've been averaging the last couple of years.  About two thirds "comission" quilts, the other one third split evenly between "charity" quilts, and ones for my wife and the members of our sewing group.  The group's quilts were down this year and I guess that why I didn't quilt as many as in other years.  I don't piece anymore because the longarming takes up most of my quilting time, and I don't like having unfinished projects lying around.  I hope everyone has a better year in 2014 than they had in 2013.  Happy new year.  Jim

Archived