What documentation comes with Quilt Path?

Georgene

For those of you who already have Quilt Path, I'm wondering what kind of documentation to expect.

I don't mind printing the manual, once I can get access to the newer version of demo software (link still broken on demo), but I'm wondering if the DESIGNS that come with quilt path are printed out on something.  Or will I have to go in and PRINT each design individually once I get the actual program that will allow me to print?

I've gone in and "snipped" each design page and pasted them into a word document, just so I can review them.  But it would be nice to have a larger copy to look at and show customers.

Also, as part of my learning process, I designed an E2E quilt in the demo, using each continuous line design, then "snipped" that into a word document.  That way I can see what an entire quilt would look like instead of just a small piece of the pattern.  If this is not something that comes with Quilt Path I'd be willing to share if anyone is interested.

Nothing seems to come with paper documentation anymore. You will need to print what comes with it. When you buy digitized design, they normally also come with a file you can print. Sorry not much help. I haven't printed mine off yet, it is on my list, but I'm still importing my last purchases. It takes time. I bought a bunch on sale, I normally just buy them as I need them.

Shirley

Liz,  it used to be at this link.  But the link has been broken for about 10 days.  I sent a message to the Cabin Logic "contact us" email and also wrote a note to Dawn about it.  But I haven't heard anything back.

I had successfully downloaded the demo version but it was the older version of software, not the .05.  So, I thought perhaps they took the old one down to update it to the newer version.  But it's been so long now, that I guess that wasn't the case. 

I am learning a lot by using the demo version that I downloaded.  I watch the video, then try it in the software.  It's helped a lot.  My new machine with QP will be installed on 27 February.  I'm trying to make use of my time till then......trying to learn all I can.

http://www.cabinlogic.com/site/apqs-demo

I have watched the videos at least 5 or 6 times.  And you are right.  Until I delved into the demo software I was not sure of what's what.

I would highly recommend using the demo and focusing on the first menu:  Design and Create; Pantograph.  Then select a continuous line design and play.  It can be fun.

The hardest thing for me to remember was to make a selection (All/None; Alternate rows) before choosing a function such as stagger or move or resize.  Thank goodness for the undo feature.

I tried attaching the demo file to this note, but it's too large, even when I zipped it.  I'd be happy to try other options if anyone has a suggestion.  I may explore that possibility a bit too.

I just don't understand why it's no longer available or when they will make it available again.  Hopefully, when they do, it will be the newest version.

Sorry to say but I've gotten no documentation except the installation manual. Learning by trial and error is not the most efficient way to learn but it does make one quite creative. The help files for Quiltpath and what videos you can find online is all I've found. The forum people are probably the most knowledgeable.  I've only tried printing a design once using the print feature and couldn't make sense of it. For imported patterns each comes with a PDF file so it is possible to mass print if necessary.

If you have your Quiltpath Already the Software is pre-loaded on the tablet. You can use it in simulation mode until the mechanics are installed.  Also there is a downloadable demo of the Creative Quilters Design software at the cabinlogic website. It is very similar to Quiltpath.

I have mine installed on my laptop, as well as the tablet.  I do most of my design work on my laptop and then transfer it to my tablet.  

UK Liz, we need to get you using your system.  Georgene has a good point that it is easiest to start with edge to edge pantographs.   I just looked my past post and I have actually never covered this.  I will work on one today and add a link once it is done.   If you give me examples of things you would like to be able to do, I can write step by step instructions to help you.  If you are like most of us, you bought this to make your life easier, and there are people on the forum that are more than happy to share knowledge and help you.  We just need to know what you need.

I have a bunch of "how to" post on my blog.  http://www.threadwaggle.com/  

Great tutorial Angela.  I learned that I shouldn't use EZ mode for nesting designs.

One thing that baffles me.  Sometimes I can find the KEY LOCK to maintain original  design ratio, but then other times, it's not there.  Seems like it's there in the EZ mode, but disappears in Basic and Advance Mode.

That is true.   Normally it doesn't matter if I skew the design.  When it does, like when it has circles that need to stay round, and I need to do it in Basic or Advanced mode, I load practice cloth and play until I figure out what I need to do to get it the size I want and keep the shape right.  I don't really worry about it all that often.  

Archived