need long rails

We never have been able to get the bad spots out of my long rails, and it is really obvious when I am doing feathers or circles.  If anybody is upgrading to a Bliss system and you want to get rid of your 10 foot rails, please let me know.  I would like to pay you shipping and $$ to get them.

• 1 month later...

Peggy

While it was being transported, the black rails got a couple of "dents" in them along the edge where the wheels glide. So when it hits one of those spots it jags to a different direction, even if you are holding tight to the handles.  It makes it nearly impossible to do circles or pretty feathers because of those bad spots.

• 1 month later...

Teresa:  I'm not sure exactly what your problem is.  My guess is that the aluminum extrusion that the horizontal wheels ride on is dented in a spot or two.  You might consider trying to repair the spots.  I assume that straightening the dents out is out of the question, so you might want to try and fill them in.  I've had good luck with metal repair with a product called JB Weld.  It's a steel impregnated epoxy that sets very hard and strong.  What I'd do is fill in the dent.  After the JB Weld sets, file the weld smooth, and file the opposite side of dent level with the surrounding area.  Them sand smooth with a fine grit paper.  If it's simply the edge of the extrusion that's damaged, the repair would seem even easier.  Just make sure you sued a long file and long sanding block so that the edge is returned to being straight.  It's something to consider.  You can buy JB Weld in most any automotive supply store, or in a lot of the big box retailers.  Good luck.  Jim

Archived