Is it just me???

Or suddenly do you have more quilting than you can get to?  For the past several months I have been bombarded with quilts.  They are lined up and I never have them lined up.  This has gone from a part time business to a full time one.  I am not complaining now.....but I wondered if it was just the season or what?!?!?!?  Perhaps I will re-learn how to post pics in the next few days.

I think a lot of graduation quilts and off-to-college quilts are being readied. And everyone wants those Christmas quilts in line!

I also have a group of customers who take classes together. They scramble to get on the schedule and then "deadline" themselves to get the quilt done before their slot comes up! Then I get four of the same quilt and try to figure out different designs for each. At least they are adventurous in their choices of fabric colors!

Quilts definitely come to me in waves.  I'll get a boatload of quilts all at once and then none at all for a while.  Thank goodness I work at a year-round school - I have track out time between each quarter so that really gives me a chance to catch up.  I had 12 quilts lined up before spring trackout and they are all finished except one.

Carol

You do such a good job - you're in demand!  Seems like you have posted quite a few finished lately too!  You have been really busy!  I guess lots of business is better than none (anyone near you could share the work load with if it gets to be too much?!)  Keep up the beautiful work and keep sharing photos!

Well, Cathy it is not because I am that good.  I do get by but I am no artist.  and Teresa, YES, I will send you customers when I can.  Lots of folks don't like to mail their quilts but some have no problem with it.  I hope business picks up for you.  It is booming here!

You are in a much bigger area.  Probably if I could get in touch with some quilters from Memphis or Olive Branch/Horn Lake area, I might be able to get some customers.  I get a few phone calls from Jackson from time to time and a lady called from Paris once, but never made an appointment.  It will get better.  I just need to refocus on my website and blog this summer.  I also need to make some quilts and put them on Ebay. They are selling pretty well on there lately. 

I just sent two quilts home today, and got three more today. I thought I was going to get caught up. I have been getting quite a few from my Facebook page. I joined the local garage sale fb group and posted a couple I had for sale, people In that group friended me and I picked them up that way. Also from doing craft fairs. I make some stuff to sell and if power is available I piece or bind during that time. Picked up quite a few that way. It has taken me a couple years to reach thus point, but sewing is picking up in our area since JoAnns opened.

Shirley

Archived