Hi am new to the forum. I have been reading the forum for two years. I bought a used Millie last May and am loving it. I am working on getting better at quilting some days are better than others.

I am doing this quilt for my oldest daughter and am wondering if some of you may have suggestions on how I should quilt this I have sketched out several designs just unsure as I am new to trying to design the quilting.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank- You SEW much you people are sew talented

post-63431-0-15060600-1400253425_thumb.jpg

Welcome to APQS!

Your quilt is oh so very pretty! I love love love log cabin quilts :) I can see an all-over feather and swirl design and maybe do a little something different with the heart in the middle by SID the pink parts of the heart and SID around the border pink parts of the log cabin. All done with a nice, fluffy batting like Quilter's Dream Puff to see the definition of the quilting, of course!

I can't wait to see what others see this quilt needs. Please be sure to post a picture when you are done!!

Wow, that's a pretty quilt!  I love the log cabin design, but I have not quilted very many of them.

Just to be different, and because I'm so bad at SID,  I'd try some diagonal lines in the background.  Maybe break the background up into manageable sections.  Do one section with diagonals in one direction, then switch directions in the next section.  Sketch it out first, it might not work.

Of course, I'd feather in the pink areas because I love me some feathers.

If you have some arc rulers, I would do some curved cross hatching in the border area and really accentuate the cream scallops. You could then repeat the scallop idea around the heart to differentiate the pick and cream, and then quilt feathers outside the pink heart scallops to frame it, and maybe some sort of curly  frame mixed with some dogwood type of flowers inside the heart.  Depending on how big the quilt is, you may have to do several hearts within the center.  Clear as mud?  Sorry I don't have one of those nifty drawing tablets to illustrate.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!  Such a beautiful and touching quilt you have made for them! I agree that feathers would look wonderful. How about just freehand drawing flowing lines, with some branches, around the quilt and then feathering them for allover meandering feathers.  There's been directions given here on the forum for them in the past and you could locate it by searching, I think. Again, congrats and would love to see the finished quilt!

Archived