Where I've Been

A couple of you asked on another post where I've been.

This move about killed me. I'm never moving again (don't remind me that I said that). I suppose there's never a good time to move but Christmas was NOT the time I'd recommend moving.

We had the movers from H*LL and there are still repairmen coming fixing damages to the house and our furniture. I think the last one comes on April 26, a full 4 months after the move.

Quilting? Am I supposed to be quilting?;)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to become a fabric rep for parts of MO, TX, AR, LA and OK so I'm sure the Millennium will have many lonely days. But, if you notice that area, it gets me to Louisiana to visit my family often so I'm thrilled.

In fact, I'm leaving in the morning to go to Louisiana for ten days.

Tammie, check your e-mail!

I'll try to jump in and post more often.

Having moved more than my fair share (8 times with movers...I think I counted right and a few without them)...I can state that it is a pain in the you know what when things don't go right. Movers can make all the difference. I am sorry yours were from another planet.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, Va

I moved twice with movers. Our move from Seattle to Hershey, PA was heavenly. We used Mayflower (I think...). Our move from PA to Tualatin, OR was H*LL, just like yours. Bashed holes in walls and scraped plaster on ceiling, etc., left mattress out in rain while loading, lost several items (fortunately not precious ones!), broke several others (ditto). The upside was that we got a nice huge fat check from the insurance company, which we pocketed because we didn't actually replace the mattress or other things we lost, since they weren't essential at the time, and the mattress dried out and was quite usable (still have it, actually). And that fat check went to pay the mortgage on the house in PA while we sat on our thumbs here in OR waiting for a buyer to happen along back there. Yup. So maybe you'll get a silver lining yet!

May your visit with your family soothe (righteously) ruffled feathers, and may you get inspiration for your quilting from this experience. Amen. ;)

Hey, why not post a pick of the move somewhere? Aw, heck, I love pictures! LOL!

Judy I have been wondering where you have been. Miss seeing your supportive posts for us newbies.

I am so sorry to hear about your bad moving experience. We moved here from Seattle 7 years ago and the movers were wonderful. The only damage was to our kitchen trash can and it was stainless steel and had a small dent. They loaded a 57 foot truck so tight with just our stuff that a spider could not crawl thru it. They also had to transer the entire contents of the truck out on Old Route 66 1.7 miles from our house into a small truck as we moved to a house at the end of a dirt road, a long steep driveway with no place to turn a large truck around.

Hopefully if you ever do have to move again it will be better.

Hope to see you here more often and sorry to hear that your machine is gonna be so lonley :(

Judy I am so excited to hear about this fabric rep stuff. I moved once at Christmas and your right. Never again. My last move cost $1200 moving fees for 30 miles and $250 in furniture repairs. Not everything was repaired just thrown away. ARRRRRR!

Everyone is going to flip when they see the new home my Husband and I are looking at purchasing once our homes sell. Yea we have a smaller home in the City and the Country home we are living in going on the Market I hope within the next few months. We are doing repairs. I have contractors working at both homes getting them ready as we speak and I am trying to finish all my quilting obligations in the middle of all the destractions. But it is really cool.

I can't tell you more but it is really really cool. Don't want to JINX it. We still haven't got the price in place. lol

AND Yes Judy we all think your suppose to be quilting! lololol

Looking forward to your home visit. So much improvement since the Rita storm and much still to do. None the less it is much better.

I forgot to ask. DO YOU EAT CRAWFISH? I eat Crawfish while in season at least once a week. Just ate 7 lbs for supper last night. Some of the best is sold in the little tiny place just a mile from my home. Go every week with my daughter and we pig out on them. YUMMY!!! I could live on them. lolol

Sorry...I don't eat crawfish...but I am a vegetarian and have been one for 18 years. I wouldn't have eaten crawfish when I did eat meat...wasn't fond of fish or other stuff that came from any type of water. lol:P

So is this new home out in the countryside or in town?

What is up with your pups?

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Oh, Tammie! I love crawfish and by this time tomorrow night, I will have had a platter. We're in Paris, TX tonight and will be in Louisiana tomorrow afternoon. Will call you early next week and we can make our plans.

Cheryl, The puppies are doing great. I kept two of them. I found homes for the other four.

Yes I had 6 as I found two more a couple of weeks ago. All have good homes now.

I'll have to get some pics for you as soon as i can. They are just too adorable.

And to answer your question as to city or Country. The answer is Both. lolol

Guest Linda S

Hi Judy! Glad to see you back posting. So, tell us more about this fabric rep thing. Are you working for a particular company? Any chance that you will have your own fabric line at some point? I'm excited for you, but hope that you will still manage to quilt a few wonderful quilts every now and then.

Linda

Congratulations Judy - I agree with Linda - I enjoy looking at your quilting!

Hmm... your own fabric line? That would be pretty cool?!?! We have Darlene

Zimmerman living close by and have had her at our guild meetings a few

times. She is awesome!

Glad you are now all settled in your new home - too bad about all of the

problems - wasn't there something they goofed with about moving your

machine too? I thought I read that in a past post..... at least it is over now,

or will be soon!

Archived