Somebody slap me up side the head

I am so embarrassed at my stupidity....but I did learn something.... I went to wind a bobbin on my turbo bobbin winder and the thread would not stay in the tension disc. I could not for the life of me figure it out so I went to the forum to see if I could find some info.I found out others had a few issues with engaging the machine to start winding the bobbins,Thank god I thought I was the only one that had that problem, I now can engage it with no problem, but that was not why I am writing this thread so here goes I am going to admit to my stupidity....when I am done filling a bobbin I cut the thread about 10-12 before and after the tension area. When I put on another color I tie it on and pull through the tension area this saves me from threading through the eye and wrapping it around the tension disc the treading it through the other eye. Smart EH!!(that is a Canadian saying)

but this time I tied to the wrong end and pulled it through backwards...Duh...I will not wind backwards. Please have a giggle on my expense Life is to short not to laugh at your stupidity :D  ;)  :P

Oh Terry - too funny! 

We do have to laugh at ourselves.  I remember using monofilament thread in the top once and had a hard time threading the needle.  I kept licking the end of the thread as I often do with cotton or poly thread to keep the strands together and make it easier to get thru that little eye.  Well duh, did I really think that was going to help??  Had to laugh at myself.

Ok, since we're doing true confessions...

I was so upset after filling about six bobbins with the bobbin winder.  They were loose and terribly uneven.  I couldn't figure it out because the last time i used it, it was just fine.  I was going to call the factory the next morning.  Luckily it was a Sunday and I couldn't call because an hour later I realized I forgot to wind the thread around the thread disks.  The bobbins thread great now.  :P

Joan

Archived