Quilt Path in Action

bldent3

Hi, I am new to this forum and am going to buy a Millie. I am debating if I should get the computer aided right away  or wait.  I am searching the forums and internet for information on Quilt Path. I have watched all the videos by Angela Huffman and I read some tuts on Thread Waggle blog(which is very good info). I have also downloaded the trail version and have been playing. I am having a hard time figuring out the Design and create side.

I was wondering if there is anybody that lives close to Cushing, WI (St. Croix Falls area) that has Quilt Path that would not mind if I came over to see it in Person and to get your opinions and show me how it works and what it can do? The dealer I am going to purchase from does not have or use Quilt Path on her machine. I am also looking at comparing the Intelliquilter software. Does anybody have that software set up and use that? Would you be willing to demonstrate for me?

Thank you. Leesa

Leesa

Just my 2 cents worth.  If you are a new longarmer I suggest adding the computer later.  That way you will be forced into learning some freehand skills.  Intelliquilter has a very active Yahoo group and if you join (free) and ask for a demo over there I am sure someone would be happy to show off their system.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IntelliQuilter/info  There is also hours of video on using the IQ here.  http://www.iqdemos.com/  I bet there is some video on Quilt Path as well but I am not familiar with it.

Nigel

Even tho I have Quilt Path I still do some freehand, stitch in the ditch. There is a Facebook group for Quilt Path, join us. Adding now or later is up to you. There is a learning curve with all systems. There are only a few thing Quilt Path can't do, but they are in the works, they have been great with suggestion and any problems I have had. I'm in Wyoming but you can come play with mine.

Shirley

Thanks Nigel and Shirley for your responses. They are very much appreciated. I will certainly check out the links and face book group. Thanks for the offer Shirley but Wyoming is a bit of a drive from Wisconsin!

What is it that Quilt Path can not do that is in the works? I'm curious...

Are there big differences between Intelliquilter and Quilt Path? Is there a trial version of Intelliquilter that can be downloaded?

I have just started to use Quilt Path and I LOVE IT!!! I have not used the Inteliquilter so cannot compare.

I have owned a Millie for 4 years and have just added QP. I would encourage you to learn some good free hand skills and panto skills, then move to a computer.

Just my 2 cents!

Joanne Flamand

APQS Sales and Education, Canada

www.artisticquiltdesign.com

I'm waiting for the no sew function. I think someone found a work around for now, just haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. Everything else seems to be working pretty well. I've been really busy and she gets used almost every day, unless I'm out of town. I've done custom, borders, sashings, as well as pantos. It will ditch, but it is a computer and goes straight and not all piecing is straight, on customer quilts.

Personally for the price difference, I'd still go with Quilt Path, as it has done 99% of what I want and sometimes the other percent is I don't have time to figure it out.

Best investment I made. I would go ahead and get it now if you can, but you still need a base expander and a ruler.

Shirley

Intelliquilter has many more advanced functions than the Quilt Path, for about the same amount of money.  I got my Intelliquilter 3 years ago.  Due to a tablet manufacturing glitch (tablets bought by the people who make Intelliquilter, not made by Intelliquilter), I had a few difficulties at the beginning with mine.  I cannot say enough about the level of attentive support from the company.  Excellent all the way around.  All updates are free and the company is always striving to come up with new and inventive things to make us so happy.  I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I have Quilt Path and suggest getting it at the same time so you only set up once. You can always learn free motion any time but you will love the ease of use for Quilting with it. I have a lot of free hand experience and use it with Quilt Path to add interest so it looks less perfect and more human quilted. You may wish to come to sunny CA and see this Millie with Quilt Path. Let me know so I can get the guest room ready!

Archived