A Suggestion for APQS

Meg:  Get yourself a power lift.  Unless you sit and quilt, it's the most worthwhile upgrade you can make.  Being able to move the table up and down will do wonders for your ability to see, and save on your back.  Before I got my saddle stool, I would raise and lower my table every time I used my machine.  Once you level your table after the lift system is installed, you won't have to re-level it unless the floor it sits on moves.  You can get the system APQS offers, or an after market version.  Either hydraulic or electric.  Mine is electric with about 8.5 inch travel.  Others recommend more travel, but I've found the the 8.5" adequate.  You might have to shorten the legs of your table to get your machine to go low enough.

Since I got my saddle stool, I don't raise and lower my table too often.  I raise and lower my stool instead.  I do still move it once in a while, especially if I decide to stand and quilt.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a "must have" item.  Jim

Meg, I have my machine in the garage and my frame has hydraulics. Well you know how garages are slanted away from the house a bit? It took maybe a half an hour to get the frame level enough that my longarm doesn't float off in any direction when I park it. I've drawn on my floor, with a permanent Sharpie, the outline of where my hydraulics sit on the floor, so when I roll my frame to clean under it or whatever, I can roll it right back into the perfect spot and it's level again. Hydraulics are pretty sweet. I'm glad I spent the extra money for them, but buying aftermarket ones (which mine are anyway) could have saved me a bundle!

HI Mary, do a search on the forum for Movotec -- the company is Suspa. I believe the bolt-on are the aftermarket hydraulics that are on my frame, and others here have purchased them for their frames, too. I think it was Linda S. that originally suggested them, but I may be wrong.

Yes.  Suspa.com, then look for Movotech Table Lift Systems.  I bought the unit with about a foot of lift -- plenty for me, and I'm 5'7".  Cost is about $800.  So worth it.  There are days when working on custom quilts that my body really begins to hurt.  Just raise or lower the table an inch, and it makes all the difference in the world.

Meg,

The hydraulic systems that APQS sells are from Suspa (Motovec). While hydraulic tables should maintain level once you engage them, they do have to start out level. The hydraulic pistons each have leg levelers that are used to set the table initially to a level position. Once they are set, then the table will raise and lower at a level pace.

Archived