Angel Baby

I'll be starting on this over the weekend, and I'm wondering what is the best method to mark it.  Since it's for me, I'm wondering about a Frixion pen.  or is a blue water soluable marker better?   And do you tape it to a big window if you don't have a light box - or are there other solutions?  This is for my first grandbaby :-)

You need to be careful using Frixion pens. The marks are not ever truly erased. It uses heat and friction but if it gets cold, the marks return. This was a real issue at the Houston show when the quilts were shipped in cargo and it was cold. All the quilts had to be heated before judging to make the marks disappear.

It has been recommended, when possible, use chalk. That always comes out.  

Yes, run from any colored chalk.  Oh I could tell you about the yellow chalk!  Not a good story.  I would  use the blue marker and flush the entire quilt with cool water when finished.  I have never had it come back.  For temporary marking I use the purple pens and remove as soon as I quilt it with a little water.  If I can, I use a sharpened crayola chalk stick.  White only!!!!  I would never, never  ever use a frixon pen.

Archived