M bobbin winding

Hello

I have decided I don't like my bobbin winder that came with my Millie machine - I have an M bobbin.  The thread seems to slip out of the tension discs while winding and then I end up with a bobbin full of thread that I can't use.  Anybody have a fix for this please?

Nik:

You could make your own bobbin winder, I did.  It was easy, and cheaper.  I have a link about it here on the forum.  It works great for me, and looks like all the ones made commercially.  Though on mine the speed controller is on the board with the motor/winder.   If you do not want to be that adventurous, you could just order one from Gammill.  The Gammill website is not showing the price of them, but they were around a $100.

Cagey

I was having the same problem with my bobbin winder, and I gently hold the thread as it comes off the cone. I also put a dab of bright colored nail polish on the edge of the tension discs to remind me to put my finger there so the thread can'tjump out. Works for me.

Deb.

Nik:  I have my bobbin winders set up like Nigel suggests.  The extra thread wrap keeps the thread in the tension disks, and I never have any problems with it.  Just like threading my machine, I cut my thread and tie new choices then pull it through to eliminate the need to re-thread the winder each time.  Set up this way will solve your problem.  Jim

Archived