Bragging Rights

OK ladies here's another question for you all.

I am going to be sharing vending space ( fabric flea market/ cut flowers/ annuals perennials/Longarm Services ) at an area guild show next weekend with another Longarmer(Quilt /craft books/Longarm Services) I do not have any of my own quilts to hang as an example of something I have done and am proud of. ( mostly utility practice stuff) Would it be appropriate to hang one of my clients award winning quilts (local guild) with the ribbon on it?(as a backdrop for my space) I'm not worried about what my friend will think as she has won many awards and we support each other totally. I just do not want to appear tacky . But I do not want to display my personal lame-O loop and meander utility stuff!! I know the award winning quilt owner would love to co-0perate....(Hi Mom!) What are your thoughts ?????

Susan - Yes - Yes - YES!:D Silly! If you quilted it - and even on your machine

great! Go for it! That is what you need to show - and a ribbon - Better yet!

You are an "Award-Winning" quilter!! You did it - you earned it - Show it

off! Good Luck with the show - have fun!!!

Susan, you silly girl,

Now why in the world would you think it not proper for you to hang a quilt (anyone's quilt) in a place where you can brag..... in you own words. "DUH".

I even would have to go to others that I have done quilts for to find enough to hang in a show....I haven't done many of my own. Most of my personal quilts, even a few winners have been given to someone as a present. So I would think its perfectly fine to hang them as long as you did them yourself. Hang them all and enjoy the comments of others and I hope this is a way to have your calendar to become so full that you wonder how you will find enough time to do them all.

Thanks Bonnie!!

I actually won first and second place( for my quilting contribution) in the Reproduction category at my guild show. First place was a Civil War Soldier quilt done by a friend that was fussing because she thought I did too fancy of a quilting job on it..( or too much $)HA!! and Second place was a quilt pieced by my mom and friends (birthday blocks for her) which is the one I plan to hang in my booth. I had almost forgotten about them!! Duh again!!!!:P

Archived