Snowflake Quilt

Hi Ladies

I am hopeing the pic I want to show will indeed appear.

I made a twin quilt for my nephew at his request. It is called "funky Flakes for Billy" he is 13, and sll snowflakes are machine embroidered.

The quilt looks really magical. I stippled the border.

Hi Caron,

They are really nice, fit the 5x7 hoop. I used rayon thread in silver, gold, light blue, bronze and even green. I spaced them randomly all over the 44"x65" fabric. Then put a 10" border all around. I am really pleased with the results. Amazing what you can do, ya?

Have fun

Hello Judi...I really like your quote, it made me laugh.

It was actually my nephew who asked if i could make him a quilt with snowflakes last christmas. he got a present wrapped in blue paper with silver snowflakes and he really liked it. I thought that was really nice for him to ask me, especially for a boy. He really treasures the quilt and is very protective of it.

Thanks for the compliments ladies, love it all.

Very Nice Monika. Bev and I do a lot of machine embroidery on quilt blocks. You have made Nice snowflakes. If you want any similar ones try Ebay and ask for "BENTLEY SNOWFLAKES" They are also nice. We buy bunches of stuff from Embrioderylibrary.com I would recommend to lots of people who do machine embroidery.

I know Billy is going to treasure this quilt.

I just got the new book and DVD "Mastering the art of Mctavishing". Well, I just love it, as soon as my quilt comes off the frame, my practice piece will go on. Can you imagine the Snowflakes with McTavishing fillers? I Can. It will be done....oh I am soo excited

Has anyone tried that technique? (meaning newbies like me?)

I am a relative newbie as well. I purchased Karen's book watched the DVD and then took a class with her at MQX. I left MXQ with an "I can do" attitude. A lady in my guild had given me an applique quilt to "practice" on. It was of a girl ice skating on a pond with snow and trees all around. I used McTavishing and it came out awesome! I was so proud of myself and the customer was thrilled. You can do it too!

:D

Rachel

Millinium

MA.

oh Rachel, I would love to see your quilt! You ladies are sooooo lucky to be able to go to places where there are Quilt Expos and take classes with such wonderful teachers. I could sure use a boost and some teaching. Sometimes it sucks to learn by yourself. I have 3 days of classes booked with Darlene in September, thats along time off. In the meantime, I am learni ng so much from all you terrific LA'ers who dont mind sharing. Thanks, your input is always appreciated.

I will watch the DVD after supper, cant wait to get going on that technique.

I have the McTavishing book and DVD. I plan on buying one of those cheapy cheater tops on ebay that looks like it's applique (but its not) and that is what I am going to use to practice the McTavishing technique. I understand that this technique is easy and everyone develops their own "style" and look with the concept.

Archived