Hey Guys...........I am new here

Hey there I am just about to start learning how to quilt. My mother in-law...you may know her as Grammie Tammie, is about to start teaching me. I am super excited about this, give me something to do other than taking care of my two girls. This will give me some down time....moment to myself.

So if any of you guys have any advice, links, books that will help me understand the big world of quilting, bring it on. I am here and ready to learn and make some quilts.......LOL

HUGS

Christina H :D

Welcome! now it makes sense why Grammie was asking questions about pricing in NC. You will learn alot from your MIL, she has learned so much since she bought her first machine and she can give you a lot of help if you plan on taking in customer quilts.

BTW I would suggest that you practice with background fills, one of my favorites is Pam Clarke's DVD "Background Frenzy" great for beginers. You can practice them on paper or a white board until you get your hands on a machine.

Joann

Congratulations Christina! Hope you really enjoy this new adventure. Grammie Tammie is a fabulous quilter and probably even needs some backup support since adding the CompuQuilter she probably has more orders than she can handle. Do you live near her? Just think - your lessons are freeeeee! Fabulous. Yes, I do think you will find this relaxing. Your little girl that Tammie showed us a picture of a few months ago is just a darling. It's great that you have your DH's support. Give him a kiss.

Vicki

Wow you guys and gals are the best. I am so excited about this I can't sleep.

Thanks for the encouraging words. We have so much to do by the end of the year.

Sorry for the delay in my designs but I want them to be really good. I have some ready and many still to do. Lots of set backs that were unexpected but we are on a roll now and I think they will be worth waiting for. Again thanks everyone.

I just love you all to pieces. I really do!!!!

Wlecome to the forum and the quilting world - SO much fun!! Wow - how

lucky are you? Tammis is an awesome quilter and has many great ideas!

Tammie - as if you sleep anyways! You seem like just a bundle of energy!

Look forward to see photos of your quilting Christina!

Archived