Quilting Payment

11 minutes ago, iquiltit said:

"I sell quilts or quilting at a flea market and I use Paypal. Not a lot of people use that service. Here in WV."

Square is independent of of Paypal - not connected at all. They will send you the little gizmo that you insert into your phone - free. Once you set up Square with your bank account, you just scan the card, and the funds go into your account. Simple. Slick. Check out their website: https://squareup.com/

I don't use Paypal but send out my invoices through my accounting program, and people can pay those online with their credit cards or I can charge their cards through the program when they pick up their quilts. Pretty much all my customers pay by credit card, I don't take cheques, only cash or charge. Yes, it costs a little extra but I am happy to pay for the convenience of not having to run to the bank all the time. I don't think they necessarily buy more just because they can use their cards, it's just for everybody's convenience.

Thanks for all of the ideas, I decided to go with the square, it was easy also to sign up for and can take cards long distance by manually inputing them.  This will solve my delima of waiting for payment after finishing a quilt.  I like that idea.

I have a few out of state customers that pay me with PayPal.  It has worked just fine for me.  Everyone local just pays me cash or check.  I have not started taking Credit cards yet.  I don't have a smart phone.  I do have an android tablet...(Samsung) don't know if I could do the credit card on that or not.

20 hours ago, lindasewsit said:

I have a few out of state customers that pay me with PayPal.  It has worked just fine for me.  Everyone local just pays me cash or check.  I have not started taking Credit cards yet.  I don't have a smart phone.  I do have an android tablet...(Samsung) don't know if I could do the credit card on that or not.

I don't know Linda, but you could look at their website and see if it can be used on your tablet...

I use Intuit for or Paypal for credit card payments.  Most of my customers pay via check (never got a bad one, so far) or cash.  Mostly, I got the chip reader for a yearly craft fair for convenience but use it with my customer quilting also.  Works just like the square.  There are charges, but the convenience is worth it.

Archived