Your Favorite Circle Lord Template

Hi Kate - Yes, Tinker is a Pom and a VERY spoiled one at that. She is my husbands furbaby.

As for the quilt you mentioned. I am assuming it is the quilt in the CL album that is by Nancy Warriner??? I am going to try again to add a picture but I never seem able to do it. If it is that one, it was done with the zig-zag/wave template. I did it with the wave section. You do the set of waves but before you move the fabric, move the template to the right or left however far you want and do the rows again, Then, move the fabric do the rows and move the template back to the original spot. That way, you only have to move the template every other time. Same way you would do the crosshatch with the zig-zags. Well, here goes the picture attempt again. OK!!! I can't attach a picture. I send them in emails all the time but can never get one to post here. What's the secret please. I right click on the insert image button above and go to my pictures but it won't paste to this message. What am I missing please.

Thanks Carol

My husband and I are setting up my CL today.Thanks for your help. I have the zig-zag/wave template so I will try your method. Love the look.

We have 2 Poms........one is 4.5 lbs LuLu and the other is 23 lbs (he lied he was supposed to be 6.5 lbs) KoKo, otherwide known as Chunkey Monkey.

The newest addition is Betty, the Chihuahua. She is 3 months and a holy terror. And up to marrying 2 years ago I have only had large dogs...Great Danes, etc.

I wish I could help with directions for posting pixs, but I haven't had luck as well. I have the same problem. Is there anyone who can help.

Thanks again....

Yippee--- I did it finally. I thought you would see the picture before sending. Anyway, Kate is this the quilt you were talking about? If so, this is the one I posted previously about. You use the wave template from CL and just move it sideways for the look you want. I mark my table with 2 pieces of painters tape to show where I started and where I did the second pass on. Keeps it even.

WOW!!!!!! I LOVE that look! How cool! And I have the waves too!! Yeah for

for me! I am going to do a big ( very busy) quilt for my Church and have

been trying to deceide what to do on it.... I think this might be the answer!

I am SO glad you were able to post a photo... I was just going to go to

your webshots and try and find what ya' all were talking about!

Carol - again thanks for posting the photo and the instructions on how to

do this!

o.k. I just went and took a photo of the quilt I am thinking of

doing this on - its not as busy as I thought. What do you

all think? It is big, I am doing it as a donation, but still want

to do something nice - just dont want it on my machine for a

week. opinions please..... connecting waves? Cross hatch?

Orange Peel? any other ideas??.......

post--13461898099505_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all of you talented people on this site with your pictures of beautiful quilting, I too have taken the plunge into the world of the Circle Lord .....(sound like a cult or sci-fi movie) lol

I'm so very excited :P after much consideration I have placed my CL order with Michael, very nice man working way past his bed time.

My CL and small templates will be on their way to me on Wednesday by air, they should be here in about 2 weeks. The large/king templates are comming by sea and should be here in about 6 to 8 weeks.

I'm flying interstate tomorrow for a week so when I come home it will be week closer! I feel like a kid counting down how many sleeps till Santa comes.

Have I said that I'm excited:P

Cheers and happy quilting

Satu

o.k. I couldn't wait any longer! I did my first feather with the Circle Lord

Featherz template today! I worked great - no problems!! I just took some

time to read the instructions over (a few times!!) and went for it - turned

out great - other than I really think I need to change my thread color.

Unlike the quilt that Linda S. did, these wreaths are going in a fabric area

that is kindof dark - or a least a med. green - - what do you all think?

post--13461898103357_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sandra,

Satu here from Melbourne, Australia.

Received my CL and some small templates only a week after I ordered them, talk about fast delivery! The king templates are enjoying a sea voyage and will take a few more weeks. Can't wait.

I've only had the chance to do some small circles and they were perfect. So far I love my circle lord :) It's my favourite!

At the moment I'm attempting to SITD (can only improve) on a charity quilt with the nastiest batting I've ever seen. When its done I'll try out some fancy moves with my Aztec template.

Cheers and enjoy your day :)

Archived