Gros Beckert needles

Hello Everyone!

I have 13 packages of MR4 that will not work in my Freedom.  They should work fine in the Ultimate 1 as they are from before Gros Beckert went through a change over.  If anyone is interested in these, I'd like to pass them on to someone to use them up.  I have $104.00 in these and would be happy to sell them for $50.00, plus shipping.  Anyone interested?

I am not aware of any difference in needle application between a Freedom, and an Ult 1, or for that matter any APQS model.  If they don't work in your machine, they won't work in mine.  We need a more complete identification of the needle in order to know whether the needles will work.  Thanks.  Jim

Jim, I'm old and my memory isn't great but wasn't there a problem with the early versions of Gros Beckert long arm needles right after Singer quit making long arm needles?  I ever think there was an article on here about it but can't find it.  I tried to do a search but couldn't find it.  I agree we need more info on the needles.

Connie

i don’t remember the article but I did get some needles from APQS several years ago that were different even though the packaging was the same.  I had skipped stitches with the new set but the machine worked perfectly if I used the old needles.  I had to tighten up the hook to needle distance just the slightest amount and all has been well since.  In theory as long as the needle system is the same any manufacturers needles should work in your machine just like your domestic.

Nigel

Hi,

I ordered these from Superior Threads less than 2 years ago.  The label has a red bar across the top of the label. I will try to type this in exactly as the label reads.

776362   10  Nm 110/18

134MR         4.0

DP x5MR

1955 MR

R

B1K646 AE   At the bottom right corner is that black box with all the funny lines for you to snap a photo on your phone and it takes you right to the product.  I forget what those squares are called.

I have this on good authority - talked with Karen McTavish and she said there was a changeover when the company was sold, and the needles are just a bit different.  I had used these needles for years in my Ultimate 1, and for a long time in my stitch regulated Freedom.  Its just this particular order of 13 packs that don't fit my machine and Karen said they must be the transition period needles during the company sale and changeover.  I'm just trying to not lose my shirt here - if no one can use them, its a huge waste of needles.  I'd even give them to someone if they want to give them a shot.  I hate to throw away that many packages of needles, but I may just have to.  I wouldn't be able to send them out for about 10 days as I have some stuff coming up where I won't be available for about a week.  Thanks for you input!  

I understand and agree with you.  Hopefully, someone can use the needles, it's a great price.  I think it's been way over 2 years since the Singer/Gros Beckert transition.  If you have Facebook, I would post your note there too.  I love this forum best but there seems to be more followers on the "We love APQS Group". 

The only ID missing on the needles referenced is the SAN 11.  I assume they are, and if that's the case, these are our standard long arm needles.  I think years ago, some needles (SAN 7,  I believe) got miss marked and were delivered to some folks in error.  I think these needles were actually used in some of Nolting's early models.  This needle is longer than the 134MR, and the scarf isn't as deep.  Jim 

Archived