Aida's Garden Quilt

Isn't this just the daintiest quilt? It belongs to one of my customers. Everytime I look at it I just want to smile. I love the colors in it; they are soft and dainty looking.

I used a few things that I learned in classes this week at MQS; Myrna's flowers and Pam Clarkes leaves. Yes, I finally got those leaves down. I just had to keep saying to myself, "Inside, outside, inside, outside."

Phyllis

A lot of the flowers are ones that I learned in Myrna's class. I've been doing a version of some of them since for the last couple of years. The quilt is for my customer's grandbaby. She wanted flowers and leaves running diagonally on the quilt.I have two more of these cute little quilts to do for her, but I think that this one is the prettiest one.

Aida's Garden #4.bmp

Mary Beth and Linda must have thought they were overlooking the photos...;) (Sorry, 5'10" here, ahve a lot of tall & short jokes!)

What a sweet little quilt! You said you have more of these to do? Would you show those to us, too? We need more show and tell about what you learned at MQS!

Hi Phyllis, the quilt is really cute. You did a great job on it. Can't wait to see the others. I am still unloading everything so haven't gotten to my machine yet. I just got home yesterday afternoon and am dead tired. I have never laughed so much as I did last week.......I will still let out a giggle and Rick will ask what that was about...LOL. It was a great week and I sure did learn a lot and met a lot of GREAT people, like you. Thanks for the memories, where did that come from??? LOL

Phyllis, that is such a sweet, dainty quilt. I LOVE feminine little quilts like that and my 6 year old DGD is a very girlie little girl who also loves pink, feminine quilts. Love the quilting on it too...just perfect for the quilt. Re the binding, HOW did you do it in 90 minutes?!!! Do you have instructions for doing it all on the machine? I always finish the binding by hand...not my favorite thing as I have to sit still too long LOL!!! But I've never had much success binding by machine. Thanks!!

Lynne in Ann Arbor

Originally posted by annlittle1

You know, I'm beginning to mind binding quilts less and less. I did this one on my DSM in 90 minutes. I earned almost $20.00 an hour doing it. I wish I earned that on my quilting.

Yes Phyllis, I see the photos now. My head wasin the clouds. LOL.

This really is a dainty quilt. I love the way you quilted it; the pink thread is perfect and the scale of the flower/leaf/vine design that you quilted is just right for this little gem. It looks like you learned some good stuff from Myrna. Isn't she great?

I hope you do post other photos.

Archived