Can I load CompuQuilter onto new laptop

Marie E

Hi - I am still using and enjoying my CompuQuilter on my Millie and cannot afford a new computer system - however - the computer is old and I would say on its last legs.  A new computerised system in Australia would be around AU $15,000 at the current conversion rate which is not possible for us, even though it would be wonderful.

My system runs on Windows 95 XP - do have some original discs.  I do not think it would be possible but thought would ask

Thank you

I am not sure. I do know that before I purchased my IQ (I started with the CQ in 2005) people who were trying to update/upgrade their CPUs and still have CQ run were having many problems. Many of the CQ drivers etc. are too old to be handled by the newer/faster computers. I would highly recommend contacting Zoltan Kasa at IntelliQuilter as he is now the person supporting CQs. He has helped many of us.

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, Sue E. said:

I am not sure. I do know that before I purchased my IQ (I started with the CQ in 2005) people who were trying to update/upgrade their CPUs and still have CQ run were having many problems. Many of the CQ drivers etc. are too old to be handled by the newer/faster computers. I would highly recommend contacting Zoltan Kasa at IntelliQuilter as he is now the person supporting CQs. He has helped many of us.

How do I contact Zoltan Kasa?  I inherited my quilt machine and have no clue how to use the Compuquilter software. Mine is also on a windows 95 machine and I am just waiting for it to die. I have no copy of my software and I was told there never was one. The program was just preloaded on the computer. 
i have a millie, bliss system with lighting. My friends keep telling me to trade in for a Handiquilter Infinity with ProStitcher software.  I keep hesitating because I know APQS and the table is better but I don't know how to use software.  I was thinking maybe it would be better to keep the millie and buy a new software system. 

• 2 months later...

I don't think that the compuquilter system will work with the newer laptops. It was meant to be used with the XP system. Buth was getting close to getting the system a upgrade when the shit hit the fan and made a mess.  From what I remember Dee Dee sold the CQ part of the control a trusted employee. That's all I know.  I was going to make an offer at the time buy I was too late.  Oh well.