So Frustrated I Could Scream

UGH! I thought it would be fun to quilt for a few people and make some extra "fabric" money. Well, I am having the hardest time with a quilt I am doing right now. I have spent most of the time ripping out stitches and I told the lady I would have the quilt to her Friday. Well, there is no way I'm gonna make it! Why is it whenever I do my own stuff I don't have problems? I've only been longarming a little over a year. Maybe I'm not ready for this. Thanks for letting me vent.

Gable

Gable,

Breathe....you will be okay. What is the problem? Just doesn't seem to look right? Ask someone to come a look at the quilt and see what they think. Everytime I think something stinks, my family walks in and tells me how awesome the quilt is. I think we are too close to our work. We see all the flaws. Let the lady know that you need another day, things just have not gone as planned. Take your time and breathe...it will be just fine, you'll see.

Ladies, thank you for the encouragement. What happened was my bobbin thread was way too tight no matter what I did. After trying everything, I decided to change the bobbin case and guess what? Problem solved! Strange how it messed up for no apparent reason that I can think of.

Gable

I will tell you all something funny about this whole thing... when I mentioned this problem to my 16 year old son, he told me not to give up and just do it. I thought to myself WOW, if only he had that attitude when it came to school and a few other things!!! But THAT'S a post for another time ;)

Gable

Oh Mary Beth...ROTFLOL! You are so funny sober, I can't imagine how hillarious and funny you would be after a couple of glasses of wine ... that would be a hoot-n-a-half. :P;)

I could introduce you to a couple of really nice bottles of cabernet sauvignon or a merlot or even a pinot noir that all have beautiful tanins and make your taste buds zing and sing. Numma numma! It might change your mind about wine. But I digress...

PS: I like you just the way you are....no need to start drinking now!

Gable,

Hang in there, lady. You have received excellent advice above. Don't get the magnifying glass out on your quilting. I've said this before on a previous post and this is the truth...

I said something like this: "Some of the loveliest and most interesting quilting that has attacted me are the IMPERFECT quilting designs because I know they were made by a person and it has their whole heart in it."

So, Gable, let your heart show; wear it on your sleeve and stitch it in your quilt. Just let yourself be and your quilting will be so lovely. No one will ever be put off by the imperfections. They will be endeared by them, like I am. I, myself, appreciate those imperfections. It makes it more real, more human. It sweetens the quilt. ;)

I hope this helps you. Now, go have fun and Happy Quilting.

Would you post a photo afterward? I'd love to see your work. :)

YEA!! NOW I can see them. It's beautiful. You did a FABULOUS job.

Is that a panto? I guess I need to learn to do those. I just need to lose about 30 pounds first so I can get behind my machine more comfortably. What pattern did she use? I love these old looking pastel quilts. Kind of strange since I do so many wild, crazy colors.

Gable so glad you were able to fix your problem and stuck it out. that is a wonderful job you did. thank you for posting it and for tellin us the name of the panto. I like it a lot. I have got to get me some. the ones that came with my machine I am not that crazy about, well maybe 2 out of the 12. where is the best place to buy pantos?

Archived