Landscape quilt

Well.... not yet, but it will be. Here's a pic of the view from our room at the Laguna Riviera last summer. Can't wait to make this quilt!!!

Oh! And those two palm trees in the middle you can't see the tops of? DH tells me his mom has a picture of him standing next to them when they were little, and the tops just came above his head. Yeah. Very cool that we are given the resources to continue to visit this place year after year...

post--13461898507127_thumb.jpg

Patty, very pretty photos of the sunset. Is this in California or somewhere else in the tropics? Wow, I agree that you are very fortunate to have someone provide the financial support / resources so that you, your DH and kids can continue to take vacations here each year. I gather that this an annual tradition for your family. That looks like a pretty place. :)

Please share your landscape quilt when it's done.

Thanks for the great ideas, Char and Heidi. Thanks, Shana and everybody, I will surely post it when I get it done.... sometime next year, most likely. I swore I'd use up my stash first... yeah right. :P

How funny! Did I say there's a moneybags somewhere handing us money? I meant, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17 How funny that anybody could think there was somebody somewhere on earth who would give us $1000 a year to enjoy this place. MIL used to pay for our stay, then began to fear she would use her resources too soon, at which point DH decided it was time he pulled his own weight on this yearly excursion. Every year it has been possible, due to God's continued year-long support of DH's job from many sources in the U.S., and we either use credit or save ahead to pay for it. If I had such a fairy Godmother I wouldn't be talking to you, I'd be quilting on my Millie. :)

Archived