Lurch update: Edgerider slays the dragon!

catsigler

We installed the replacement apqs wheel, no change.

Then yesterday we installed Edgerider wheels, and WOW! What a difference! Smooth as silk, circles are round. Now Millie goes where I want instead of where she wants. So henceforth, the goofs and bobbles are all mine, not hers. :P

Cathy,

Thank you for sharing - sounds like you are on your way to having a great time with your machine!!!

Just curious... were the Edgeriders hard to install? Did you have to make adjustments (i.e. drill additional holes in your setup)? I am not having any issues at this point, but anything to make my "ride" a little smoother.

I have a Freedom SR and noticed at the ER website that they make these wheels for Millies and Ultimates, but there is no listing for Freedoms. Should I assume that the wheels that fit the Millie would fit myFfreedom (old channel lock style?) Anyone out there care to comment on their experiences with ER???

Hawaii Barbara

Thanks Dixieqwv. One site talks about the old style channel lock or the new style channel lock for the Millennium. I have had my machine for about two and a half years. Would that be the old or new style channel lock? Any one know? Might have to call APQS and find out. Thanks again.

Beverly, I ordered from Kingsmen. http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Parts/Wheels.asp

Sonja, with the apqs wheels installed, I couldn't guide the machine to make smooth curves or round circles. I thought it was me for the longest time, but it wasn't. Maybe there is a quality control issue at the wheel factory, I don't know. Wish I hadn't waited so long to get the Edgeriders. :)

After reading all the posts about your lurching problem i also found two wheels with bad barrings. I called apqs and they were very good in helping me determine which wheels were bad but I'm still not able to do a circle. It still wants to pull. Still, its way better than it was. I think i'll try the edgeriders.

Archived