color charts?

"Poly wrapped polyester thread by American & Efrid comes in 6,000 yard cones and 75 colors. Excellent tex 30 thread great for any quilt" from KMQuilting supply site. Another of my favorite sites (Cranberry Quilt Works) lists them by name also, all 417 of them. My problem is I cannot find an actual color chart anywhere on the net for this thread. I can't even find where to order a chart! I need to purchase some of the very light basic colors but other than 'cream' I don't have a clue what color the names indicate. And "cream" could be from yellow to pinky shade. Ficelle is a name for instance, what is Ficelle? I ordered a thread called Pearl before and it was a medium grey not pearl looking at all when I received it. Help anyone???? I am totally frustrated right now.

That\'s one of the reasons that I use superior thread. I\'ve got charts made from actual thread that I show to my customers so that they can see what the thread will look like. They also show the color on line, and have color catalogs, but say that color can differ online due to different monitors.

Save the frustration, go with Superior thread.

Beth

Hey SherryJack, thanks for the info. Like Jeanette, I like the look, feel and hundreds of color choices offered by A&E. I like Superior too but just need more colors. More thread is a good thing, right?

I have also been looking for a color chart. I know I have seen one online, I just can\'t remember where. I will be calling Kingsmen in the morning. Thanks, SheryyJack.

Here\'s a link to a place with about 120 colors (with sample of the cones).

The Quilted Rose PermaCore thread

Mother it\'s obvious what your looking for..

All the colors your looking for are in food categories...

I Googled this for you....

Ficelle:, A very thin version of the baguette. Ficelle means string in French. Fougasse:, A flat rectangular bread often filled with bacon, onion or herbs. ...

you see...... it\'s so easy, your looking for a thread that is the color of a baguette..........bon appetite;)

Quilt-On

Kerri - you were so right. I just got off the phone with a very nice lady in Irving, Texas. (and yes, she did have a Texas accent ;) )

She will send me a thread card. They had been out for a long time and just got them in. There is actual thread on the card and there are over 300 colors.

And the color cards are free. Yes, indeed, FREE.

Call 972-721-9323 Dallas Thread. And get this, a real person answers the phone. No automated voice or " press 1 for" etc. You gotta love that.

Thanks again, Kerri.

I have one of those too...I love it. But don\'t show it to a customer - they get a glazed over look and go into panic mode!!

Linda, I can\'t tell, but is your samples of real thread, mine are and you can lift the row of threads and place your fabric under the row to try to match your thread exactly!! Love it!!

Archived