Road to CA

JudyL

Judy, I will be at Road2CA tomorrow.

I am catching a ride on one of the local guilds busses. I will be in Dawn C\'s class most of the day. I will look for you. I don\'t have your book yet so I will stop by and get an autographed copy.

Debbi, as a matter of fact, APQS is listed on the vendor list. I don\'t know how big a presence they will have. This will be my first Road2CA. I hear it will be crowded. I\'ll go look for that new Millie.

Mary Beth, if they have the new Millie, I\'ll take a photo

I don\'t have a quilt in Road to Ca this year. I was working on one, but just didn\'t get it done. The one I was working on with be at MQS.

Have a good time at Road to Ca and take pictures for us. What classes do you have with Dawn? Probably doesn\'t matter. Any class she does is good! We had her at our longarm guild awhile back to do the fabric dyeing and we all had a great time. Dawn is the one that\'s oozing talent!!

Debbi

Cheryl Uribe will be in the APQS booth with Raquel.

I\'m are going just for fun with Jan

I have a quilt I quilted for Bobbi Shear called "Esperanza Glowing" in Road 2 CA.It made it in the top 15 quilts in the online AQS quilt contest yesterday.

The new Mille has led lights like Lenni and you can switch them to black light with a flip of a switch.

Also the stitch dial is inset.

I\'ll stop by Gingers Quilt Shop Booth.

JoAnn

Hey Joann. Last night I was playing with the stitch dial on the new Millie and it looked to me like you can do half stitches per inch now (7, 7,5. 8, 8.5. etc).

Another thing I checked out was the horizontal and vertical locks. They still have them backwards!!! It confused me for the longest time, until I memorized that the yellow button lets me stitch horizontally (vertical lock) and the red button lets me stitch vertically (horizontal lock).

That\'s really cool that you can switch to a black light. I was wondering today how a black light would work with the led lights.

Thanks for the info. Good luck on you quilt!!

Debbi

We just finished setting up my new Mille that arrived in late Dec. One of the questions I asked prior to shipping was is mine the latest model available? Guess not.

As for R2CA - I will be there on Friday. Plan on seeing Judy L and spending time with the APQS girls. I have been to the show 3 or 4 times and it is fantastic. Looking at the quilts and checking in with my favorite vendors. Can\'t wait! It is a great show. I have taken classes with Paula Reid, but unable to get into Dawn\'s classes.

Hope I can meet some of you there!

Marilyn

As far as the "new Milli" remember, it is only the new LED lighting that has changed. We decided to change the front and rear meter covers, but that is it. It is still the same as our Millennium has been for years as far as functions and the same great stitch regulator!!

Later,

Hi Debbie,

With having the new LED lighting like the Lenni, we did have to change some internal wiring on the \'08 Millenniums, so it won\'t work to put that LED light on your existing Milli. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Take care,

Mark,

Have you considered having your enginers work on an LED light that would be compatable with the existing machines. The LED directs a brighter light from a much smaller package increasing visability. I would be interested in purchasing such a kit and would think other Millie owners would, too.

Archived