Bargello Is Done, Pics attached

Hello

I received this Quilt from Texas a few days ago, yes Texas, there just is not enough work for me in Canada, I have to go to Texas to get it lol.

Anyway, we want to do it freehand and are wondering what suggestions you might have to turn this into a stunning Wall hanging.

Any help from you talented LA\'ers would be very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

post--13461899041113_thumb.jpg

Monica,

I did feathers in jacket that I just did. In the blocks that were really busy I just did 1/4" echo. IT came out really nice. I wouln\'t do much in the border other than an allover because that fabric is so busy it won\'t show. You could do a more intricate design in the black and purple since they will really show. I can\'t tell but does the border fabric have gold in it? Maybe use metallic thread in the purple and black if it does.

Thanks Heidi, I was wondering what an all over Teardrop meander with big loops would contribute in a variegated rayon that has all the bright colors in it. it might enhance the border, give it texture, and bring out the bargello? I am stumped.

Maybe I\'ll do the Chantilly lace in variegated Rayon instead of freehand.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Please pretty please with honey

Angela,

I finished it with a Winding Road Pattern in Rainbow variegated thread. When I lookd at that Quilt I saw a Coral Reef and was expecting the tropical fish to come out from behind the colored rows (no I am not smoking dope) So I needed something to accentuate but not overtake the Bargello design. The winding road has gentle stepped rise and fall, reminding me of ripples and waves

post--13461899086375_thumb.jpg

Hi Monika, I laughed so hard about not enough work in Canada! I love the quilting on this bargello.

I wanted to tell you that I like to watch your auctions on Etsy. I loved the quilt you had on auction awhile back...It was simple squares or rectangles in blues and mauves, etc. I HAVE to make one like it...Thanks for the inspirations! Karen in Columbia, La.

Archived