Just Tuned In

Hi,

I just wanted to say hi;), and Thank You for allowing me to join your group. Seems to be lots of Knowledge and Fun floating around.

I've been quilting on a DM for 5 years and recently got my very own Mid size LA, sorry, no not a Lenny ( too impatient).

Anyway besides working full-time I E2E quilt for Customers at a shop. E2E is all she wants to offer, but I want to learn to do Custom Quilting even if it's only on my own Tops.

Been PPP SID lately & looking for the best ruler to use.

Happy LA Quiltin,

Terry from Oregon

Hi Terry, Welcome to the group!

I don\'t know where you are in Oregon, but we are having a get-together of LA\'ers in March. We share info, design ideas, breaking news and treats every couple of months. Also, Myrna Ficken, an extraordinary teacher is coming up the end of March to teach some hands on classes. Join us for the group meeting on March 8th or 27th if you can. It\'s at my studio in Vancouver, just off the freeways.

Nancy Jo

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Nancy Jo, I would love to come to your meeting and meet other local LA\'ers. I live in Portland so I\'m very close by. I don\'t know a single LA\'er in the area, I kinda did this on my own. Everything I know, I\'ve learned from watching LA Video\'s.

Thanks again,

Terry

Well Terry, in the meantime, let\'s get together. I am supposed to be in Idaho this week, but can\'t seem to get the roads to stay open long enough to go. Then again, I don\'t want to get stranded there either and not get back. So I am quilting, both making them and longarming. And working through my CQ manual so I can schedule some more training time with my awesome CQ guru, Chris, and working on my digitizing classes, and and and.... So, here are some details for you to put on your calendar: March 8 Trunk show/CQ demo and general get together in Vancouver. 10:00 a.m. til whenever we have had enough. I will have lunch makings and snacks. Bring a quilt, quilt top or something for show and tell if you like. (name removed) and Chris are going to do a great CQ demo. For those that are not into CQ, there will be another area for continuing on with sharing, quilt-talk, tea/coffee, etc. Something for everyone. Sherry Rogers may be coming down from WA and Suzanne Moreno, CQ digitizing queen may be coming up, so this is a great opportunity to meet some of our quilting queens. March 27 Another get together for those that cannot come on the 8th. This is a show and tell and white elephant get together, as well as a chance for everyone to meet Myrna Ficken, who is going to be giving classes all week. Bring along something you have but don\'t use or a book you don\'t want or something else to trade or sell. Even a UFO that you started and do not think you will ever finish! Bring a quilt top or finished quilt for us to drool over. All of this is optional. There are no "rules" as we are not an organized guild and we do NOT use Robert\'s Rules of Order. We just have a great time and meet new friends. We\'ll again have food, drinks and great stories to tell. Send me a U2U if you have time to get together before March. Nancy Jo

Archived