MQX and APQS

DB

I am planning on attending MQX in April. Does anyone from APQS know which machines will be on display? This might be the only chance I get to see a couple of APQS machines side by side as there are no dealers near me. Any chance that Lenni and George will be there? I have limited space. DB

Well, when I was at the show in Houston 2006, they had all of the APQS machines there...Milli, Freedom, Liberty...and "George" was the new baby at that time and he was there, too. His mama, Claudia Clark Meyers was sitting at his side and doing demos...she was making some so pretty things with him. :)

I am sure that Lenni, George, Liberty, Discovery, Freedom and the new Milli will be at MQX.

Shana,

DO you know if APQS will be at the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Cleveland OH in March?

I\'m looking at LA\'s and would love tobe able to compare the APQS and Gammill and Handi-Quilter, which I know is much smaller but so is the price. This is such a big investment I want to be sure about what I want and how much It will cost. Also what options I should seriously consider verses what would be nice but only used occasionally.

I\'m not planning on a business but I might find myself doing some quilts for others since I\'ve been asked to do some smaller sizes on y DM. I have the space for a full sized LA so that\'s not a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I think our weather in OH is worse than your\'s in AK! My sister from MT did a boat trip on the McKenzie from Yellowknife to the Arctic CIrcle. The place they ended in was 92* in July! I didn\'t think it ever got that hot up there!

Thanks,

I\'m not Shana ;) or an APQS Dealer, but if you go to the APQS.com main page, at the very, very top, there is a little list : Where to find a dealer.....something...something...Events and Calendar. Click on the Events and you will find a list of months, then click on the one you are interested in. It give a list of places where APQS will be set up. As for the machines, I think they try to show you all of them. I would think they would bring out all the guns at the big shows.

Anyone,

Will APQS be at the Paducah show? I won\'t get to MQX. Gammil, HQ, Tin Lizzie, Pfaff and Viking will be at the Sew and Quilt Expo in Cleveland in March. I\'m not really considering most of those but at least one full or mid arm will be available. I\'m curious about the jerking motion that someone mentioned.

I spoke to Marion Lutz about her Gammill and was able to ask a lot of questions. She won APQS\' rookie award last year. I took a pattern fitting instructors class with her in Texas 2 yrs ago. Spent a week in Dallas tog. but didn\'t get to talk much about quilting since the classes were really intense!

Sure hope APQS will be in Paducah.

Thanks, Mark. Look forward to seeing all those machines in one place. It will really make comparison much easier.

DH and I are both planning to come. Yeah! We\'ve been wanting to do this for a long time. Ain\'t retirement grand?

His birthday is that week too. Maybe he\'ll by me a LA for his birthday! ;>)

There is going to be a quilting show in Somerset New Jersey put on by Mancuso. I think it is February 28, 29 and March 1,2. I went last year and there were many companies represented and several good demonstrations going on. We stayed the whole day. I bought a ruler for cutting circles and loads of fabric mostley oriental with gold which I hope to quilt with gold thread when I finish putting the top together. I did do the "autumn leaves" wall hanging by Marylyn Badger but cut it up and added enough to make a robe out of it. Still have not mastered that Millenium. We also went to the show in Harrisburg but I think that one is in July or later maybe September.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am on the road at the Jersey with Ali and yes it runs till Sunday, she is telling me that we will have a Lennis in all the classes, which is awesome as I will be teaching and I LOVE the Lenni... and in the booth there will be a Milly a Freedom and a Lenni, so stop by and say hi and give them all a test drive:cool: See you there!!!!;)

Archived