My first photo posting

I\'ll try to post a photo of the first quilt I\'ve finished on my new Milli. I actually quilted most of it on my DSM, but after 2 months of wrestling this queen sized monster, my DH helped convince me I needed a LA. Then more indecision, shopping, comparing, etc. until he said "You know, a big truck will haul everything a little one will" - - hence the Milli. Just did the 2 outer borders on the LA with a self-made panto, but I got to figured out how to load a quilt that\'s already quilted. I couldn\'t have done it without all the tips and tricks from all of you, so thanks a bunch. I guess I\'m finally ready for the deep-end of the pool.

Julie

post--13461899140506_thumb.jpg

Here\'s another one. The block printed squares were cut from pareos (swimsuit coverups) I got in Mexico. Also had to learn how to stabilize those rayon gems. This quilt was 2 years in the making. I started it right after a wall hanging in my first machine quilt class. I was fearless then - - didn\'t know what I didn\'t know. When I look at it now it\'s like a journal page from my Great Quilting Adventure tale!

post--13461899140706_thumb.jpg

Oh Wow, I love those colors.. they so help depression and moody days... You also did a great job on the quilting, and especially for most of it having been done on the dsm...

Enjoy and pat yourself on the back for a job well done and thank your hubby from me, for being so sweet even if he does have a lot of tools.. The best job requires good tools.

RitaR

Julie,

Very nice job on your first quilt and a great way to use pareos. I have a couple of those too but theyy\'re Caribbean cottons. Maybe I\'ll try that too.

Have to tell you. My hubby is also a woodworker and retired. When he saw the prices on a LA he said, " do you know I could do a first class shop and not spend that much?!! He\'s being really sweet about it though in still wanting to look at them. He said I\'ll have to consider how many quilts I\'ll be doing to warrant that expense. I was about to ask him how many things he\'s made in his shop but I thought I\'d better stay ahead!

you\'ll all know the result of our hunt.

Archived