Horizontal Lock comes on automatically

Most of the time when I turn on my new Millie the horizontal lock automatically engages. I\'ve already checked and the horizontal lock is not turned on when I turn the power off.

Any idea what is going on? I wonder if it might be related to the stuff that the guys from the factory did at my house several weeks ago.

Debbi

Hi Debbi,

My new millennium does the same thing. I think I need to read the manual. I seem to remember coming across something about that, but I don\'t remember what. Old age must be setting in. I\'ll let you know if I find anything.

Becky

Originally posted by barbm

Amen, Shana! Id-10-Ts of the quilting world, untie!!

Hey, where\'d your post go?!? Am I the only ID-10-T after all?

Barb, instead of typing "...Id-10-Ts of the quilting world, untie!!" I think you meant to write "Id-10-Ts of the quilting world, unite!!"

Right? Or was that another one of those Id-10-T errors??? ;):D

Shana,

It was a deliberate error, but writing "ID-10Ts of the quilt world, frog" just didn\'t sound right. And was I imagining a post from you just before mine? I could have sworn I saw something, just before I hit "reply".... Then it wasn\'t there....

Oh I knew it. Yikes...I am in big trouble, now!! :o :o I\'m embarrassed! I gotta tell ya that I had no idea what RTFM stood for either, until one day a while back I was having trouble with my new cell phone programming and my DH said RTFM to me. I said "Huh?" My husband is a electronics technician (and he\'s an IT geek, too) and apparently when troubleshooting equipment, they (technicians and IT folks) say RTFM to eachother all the time... I think it\'s common knowledge for techs and geeks, but not for nice quilter girls like us... but OK here goes: It stands for Read The F---ing Manual. :P

...And now you know the rest of the story...... I apologize for corrupting my nice quilter friends...

And here I thought my rommie for MQS was going to be one of those nice quilting girls. Oh well. Probably makes for more fun. :P:P

I do web and .Net programming so I am one of those IT geeks that you refer to. As a matter of fact that\'s where the ID-10-T came from. Business users are sometimes less than computer savvy and refuse to believe that their problem could have been operator error. I just tell them it was an ID-10-T (pronounced I dee ten tee) error and to try it again. They are happy campers then and don\'t know any better. :P

Debbi

Debbi,

I still haven\'t heard anything from Mark via email, so I\'ll put a call in today and let you know. It doesn\'t seem to be hurting anything---it\'s just one more thing to remember before you start and I don\'t really know what the purpose would be to have it on first thing. I\'ll let you know.

Becky

And BTW I always RTFM:D

Too Funny! It\'s usually men who don\'t read at least in my house.

Hi Debbi and any other new millennium owner,

I talked with Amy this morning about the horizontal lock and she said that it\'s not supposed to be on but that she is working with Mike on this. She doesn\'t have an answer for us right now. It is not a problem as long as we can toggle the lock off. I told her that so far I have been able to do that. She said just let her know if it becomes a problem or anything else happens. Let me know if you have any other issues and I\'ll do the same.

Becky

Archived